• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone evwr regretted band? :(

laurawls

I had my band fitted 3 feb I am now on week 3 and on puréed foods. I'm really struggling with my mind to my mouth if that makes sense. Just feel I'm never going to be normal again as in I've gave up my whole social life for this.
Maybe just a bad day but anyone else ever felt like this?

Hugs Laura, maybe just a bad day, but i'm sure once your healed inside and back to eating more normal, and the weights shifting, you wont look back.
hope you feel more positive in the morning hun x x x

I had a bypass and Honestly, yes, I am regretting it quite a bit even though I've lost a lot of weight my life is miserable at the moment. I totally understand :( x

I had a bypass and Honestly, yes, I am regretting it quite a bit even though I've lost a lot of weight my life is miserable at the moment. I totally understand :( x

When did you have your bypass? I have a band which fortunately would be reversible if I wanted but the thought of all that pain again too :( xx

Hugs to you too Nicola, I've read your threads and can't believe what you've been thru :grouphugg:

13 weeks ago. Have had nothing but trouble ever since :(
Ah bless you Nicola I read your weight loss and I'm so jealous, I don't seem to have any restriction at all with my bypass don't dump and can eat and drink anything, wish we could merge so I had some of your restriction and you could have some of my ease (but you'd also have to endure my tiny weight loss)

I had my band fitted 3 feb I am now on week 3 and on puréed foods. I'm really struggling with my mind to my mouth if that makes sense. Just feel I'm never going to be normal again as in I've gave up my whole social life for this.
Maybe just a bad day but anyone else ever felt like this?

I was banded a month before you, I felt just the same around the three week period and it started to cause real problems at home with my husband as he felt we did not go out anymore to the cinema or for a meal like we did before the band, he demanded I have it taken out, which really upset me.

I refused and carried on, I can honestly say, last week was the first time that I felt good, I could eat more solid foods, I went to Barcelona with my husband, we ate out at ever meal time, I ate starter and main course, just in smaller quantities, this please him. It will get better, just keep going and once get to 5 weeks you will enjoy going out again. xx:)

I was banded a month before you, I felt just the same around the three week period and it started to cause real problems at home with my husband as he felt we did not go out anymore to the cinema or for a meal like we did before the band, he demanded I have it taken out, which really upset me. I refused and carried on, I can honestly say, last week was the first time that I felt good, I could eat more solid foods, I went to Barcelona with my husband, we ate out at ever meal time, I ate starter and main course, just in smaller quantities, this please him. It will get better, just keep going and once get to 5 weeks you will enjoy going out again. xx:)

Thank you so much. I feel so much better reading that. It's just been a long haul from pre op to liquids to purée, I just feel things are never going to be normal. Thanks again xx

Your welcome, if you ever need any advise just message me, or put something on here, as its a learning curve to us all. I had a nightmare yesterday at my first infill, I ended up being sick, passing out, ending up on oxygen and fluid then removed, feel better now though. Its a long journey but hopefully the weight loss will be worth it in the end.xx

Hope you are feeling cheerier today :) the band doesn't need to stop your social life ... Just maybe changes it a little! X

Aw, its perfectly normal to have OMG what have I done moments - especially so soon after your op.

You will be fine, life does change but for the better, if you make it so.

You can still have a brilliant social life, it just won't revolve around eating too much.

Hugs to you and to Nicola :grouphugg:

I had my band fitted 3 feb I am now on week 3 and on puréed foods. I'm really struggling with my mind to my mouth if that makes sense. Just feel I'm never going to be normal again as in I've gave up my whole social life for this. Maybe just a bad day but anyone else ever felt like this?

Hi had my band fitted in June, and I love love love my band... I am a social girl always have been and I like to get **** faced! And the band hasn't stopped me. I eat out once maybe twice a week with hubby and kids and I drink loads of vodka when out with friends... And I'm a size 10.... All is good... U wait and see. Xxx

Hi had my band fitted in June, and I love love love my band... I am a social girl always have been and I like to get **** faced! And the band hasn't stopped me. I eat out once maybe twice a week with hubby and kids and I drink loads of vodka when out with friends... And I'm a size 10.... All is good... U wait and see. Xxx

Aww this has put a smile on my face :D
Not that I go out drinking a lot but I'm young and when I do I like to enjoy myself and have a good drink!
What do you drink in your vodka? Can you drink a lot? xx

It's so hard when u do a milk diet pre op and then 2 weeks liquids then 2 weeks purée you will feel so much brighter once your on solids and u can feel the restriction.
You can still have a social life just smaller portions. I don't drink as they told me not to as wasted calories and I'm trying to stay focused. They did say to me to put loads of ice and a spoon in a fizzy drink to flatten it. Thg also say now you can have the odd fizzy drink so maybe you could have a vodka and coke... Keep your chin up this stage will soon be through and you will feel the benefits of your band x

Aww this has put a smile on my face :D Not that I go out drinking a lot but I'm young and when I do I like to enjoy myself and have a good drink! What do you drink in your vodka? Can you drink a lot? xx

Haha... Glad u liked that, I drink vodka and water dash of lime, I did drink soda but no fizzies allowed anymore, I also drink wine. I can drink as well as I used to just took me a few months following band to warm up, one night I drank wine and don't remember going home, apparently I was in bed for 8.30!!! But was with hubby and only across the road from home, I just laught about it and now make sure I've eaten.
I do cheat the day of the evening of drinking, by eating slider foods and having soups, that way I know my stomach is lined and I will last.
Alcohol is wasted cals but I only go out a couple of times a month and find my loss has been fine either way, plus I stick to low cal drinks. If I eat out with friends or work mates I always have pate as a main course, or soup... I play it safe. With family I'm a little more daring... Life should return to normal for u as it has for me, just avoid all you can eat buffets and a carvary Haha, u will never get your money's worth anymore!

I felt like this at first.. Once you start loosing weight you will see its not so bad :) xx

Had my first weigh in today...... Lost one stone exactly since my surgery date.
(Making it all worth while :D )

Back