• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band fury

missdmac

Good evening banders would just like to explain my band fury and see if any one else suffers. Had my band nearly 2 years now lost 9 stone at a good pace. Every time I had a fill I would need a little de filled as well usually a week later, I have a 14 m band and have 7.5 the band fury is I have not had a fill for a couple of months and a de fill a week later as usual lol all been good the last month the started the band fury which is heartburn, night cough, feels like food fluid sit there for hours and keeps returning. Ended up in hospital had a camera put done and all well apart from acid build up in my belly which now I'm on tablets no slipped band. I have been a bit stressed and struggling eaten at the moment could this be the cause? I have no regrets having it done just hate my band fury weeks which I have a few off. Does anyone have any one have advise would be grateful for your comments xxx

Hi
Have you had an X-ray? I have spent the last two years going through this and the camera did not show anything wrong but the barium swallow did I had pouch dilation which in the end had pushed my band down I am now waiting to see if I can get funding for a band reposition. If this had been caught earlier the complete defil May have been sufficient
. Hopefully it won't be this but this is my story good luck xx

the symptoms you describe are all classic symptoms of a band being over restricted, definitely one to discuss in depth with your provider, it maybe worth having a considerable defill allow things to settle and start all over again. As someone who has and still battles with my band, still no restriction after 22 fills, but goes through issues of acid etc I hear you?0!

Hi Kat,

Was thinking of going to have some de filled on Saturday. Typical thing after care runs out end of month so may just have a little out as I was fine before this fill. Hopefully you and me will get our happy medium soon xx

the symptoms you describe are all classic symptoms of a band being over restricted, definitely one to discuss in depth with your provider, it maybe worth having a considerable defill allow things to settle and start all over again. As someone who has and still battles with my band, still no restriction after 22 fills, but goes through issues of acid etc I hear you?0!
Been thinking of you a lot lately :( Sad its not better news.

Back