• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had a tummy tuck?

Sambucca

The only person I can think of thats had a TT that posts here regularly is Liz. Is there anyone else here that's had a tummy tuck?

If so, are you pleased with it? Are the results what you hoped for?

Hiya Sam, I had one done over 10 years ago, i went privately with Transform.
I went to Manchester to have the op and stayed over night there. It was great they took away 8killos of skin. I can honestly say i didn't feel any pain at all and was very happy with the results.
Just damm shame i didnt realize how good i looked, because i just went back to bad habits and comfort eating and got fat again.

Thanks for that Katy,

I wonder if that means your tum will snap back into shape after your bypass? Heres hoping! x

o noo!! im hoping for a tt, ive had two sections so its in a bad bad way! bluerrghhh but i have to say it fills me with fear having one! esp all ready being opened up twice x

Thanks for that Katy,

I wonder if that means your tum will snap back into shape after your bypass? Heres hoping! x

Thanks, But somehow i don't think it will. Is it no longer automatic funding then for wls patients? x

I dont know of anywhere that automatically funds plastics for WLS. I think in most areas though as long as you get your GP to agree to refer you, the decision about whether to offer surgery rests with the surgeon.

Happy to be put right though if Im completely wrong!

i know some places if you have wls they then make you sign forms saying there not responsible for the plastics, not done everywhere tho, think its just to cover there backs... x

Sam? Jen went to see about a tt a few weeks ago after our gp recommended her. Apparently they gave her stomach area a good looking at and prodding and pinching and then said yes...

Thanks Julie, thats how I thought it happened and the decision seems to lie with the surgeons, although i presume there is pre-set criteria the surgeon has to consider.

I dont know why Im getting into such a tizzy about asking the GP for a referral.

i think i read somewhere on here some of the criteira is~
bmi no more than 28
that the apron hangs lower than the pubis, ( i do fear after wls i wont see my growler again)
and obviously physcological issues that it brings you to

x

Random, but along the lines of a TT, I was wondering, if I'm hoping to have children after I've lost weight, would it be better to wait to have a TT?
Just wondering if I had it first, that pregnancy may ruin all my - and the surgeons - hard work?

Last edited:
ooo defiantly!!! in fact they would tell you to weight hun, not only because it would prob ruin it but there would be less scar tissue! incase you needed a section x

ooo defiantly!!! in fact they would tell you to weight hun, not only because it would prob ruin it but there would be less scar tissue! incase you needed a section x

Thanks Kelly, I thought so, but always best to check!
:)

your welcome!

i think i read somewhere on here some of the criteira is~
bmi no more than 28
that the apron hangs lower than the pubis, ( i do fear after wls i wont see my growler again)
and obviously physcological issues that it brings you to

x

LMAO @ "growler" :rotflmao:
I thought i had heard every name for lady garden, but today Kelly gets the prize :rotflmao:

( i do fear after wls i wont see my growler again)

x

Lol!
There's a dog grooming parlour locally called 'Fuzzy Growlers', and no one else can see why I find it hilarious!
:8855:

hahhahaaha mona some people hate me using that word and think its grose haha i think its funny x

hahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha brilliant!! i to would snort at that walking past it x

Random, but along the lines of a TT, I was wondering, if I'm hoping to have children after I've lost weight, would it be better to weight to have a TT?
Just wondering if I had it first, that pregnancy may ruin all my - and the surgeons - hard work?

My friend had a TT and went on to have a baby (2 years later) by section and hasn't had a problem with any streching.

Oooh - see, everyone's experiences are so different, aren't they? It's a minefield!
:)

Back