• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?

MaeMur

Just that really, seriously considering it at the moment and meeting the surgeon in a couple of weeks but as it is very new it is hard to find people who have had the procedure. Thanks

Just that really, seriously considering it at the moment and meeting the surgeon in a couple of weeks but as it is very new it is hard to find people who have had the procedure. Thanks

Hi,
I also looked at gastric plication, I spoke to a bariatric surgeon about it and he actually that the long term results were not very promising and for the same cost I could have a gastric sleeve which is proven.

He gave me quite a lot of literature to look through , I decided the sleeve was right for me.

Good luck

Thanks for answering. I have the consultation in a couple of weeks so will see what they say.
It is supposed to be similar to a normal sleeve except performed through endoscope down your throat and they don't remove part of your stomach they just sew up about 80% of it.
The procedure only takes 90-120 mins and you do have a general anestethic but you go home the next morning and are back to normal within 2-3 days.
The risk is what puts me off surgery so I thought this might be a good alternative.

Back