• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

App with plastic surgeon

Karensteps

Hi, so after shifting the few KG i had to loose to get under the BMI of 27, my GP wrote a letter off again and I now have my app for March 5th to see a PS.

Could anyone tell me what to expect? Has funding already been approved and that's why I'm getting to see one? Or am I going to have a battle on my hands?

I know Aberdeen PCT, make you see a psychologist at some point before surgery, I'm not sure why? To make sure you are emotionally stable for surgery? Or to gauge how badly it's effecting you? Not quite sure on that one.

the guidelines they have in place are

BMI of 27 and below

Had a massive weight loss

and/or skin infections.

I have lost 6 stones, and now have an overhang. I don't get skin infections under the fold, but my belly button constantly leaks foul smelling brown and white gunk, that creams can't seem to clear up. I think it's because the overhang pulls my stomach down, so my belly button looks like a slit rather than a circle, so no ventalation = disgusting infection!

I know myself my overhang probably isn't as bad as some peoples, but I can't even do basic things like go swimming with my daughter as it sticks out the leg hole area......

I'm only 22, and really don't know what I'll do if I'm refused, I just know I can't live like this.

It's weird, when your fat, you dream of being slim, wearing nice clothes, feeling good about yourself. I still feel fat, I live in shirt dresses as they are long enough to cover the apron bulge that juts through my clothes (I swear people stare at it if I'm just wearing jeans!) I feel worse about myself now than I did at 17 stones.

Sorry for rambling on: Just wanted to know if anyone has any info on what I can expect when I see the PS? Do they just make me show them my overhang?

I just want to feel normal.

Hi honey,

I'm sorry you feel this way. I hope you feel better once you have your surgery. Fingers crossed it is approved.

Just think of the benefits not only to your health but to your daughter being slim.

In the mean time, try to do some exercising and treat your skin with care as all this helps in the shrinkage process. Your skin has to catch up with the fat loss ... it's the largest organ in your body so I'm confident that it'll adapt shoud you not be successful with getting surgery. You're young - you have time and elasticity on your side.

How long has it been since you lost weight?

Back