• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel like a freak!

tracyt84

hiya everyone,im gonna get straight to the point and say i feel like a complete freak! ive lost so much weight in such little time that my stomach overhang is VILE (i would post pics but im too ashamed) its really getting me down,no ammount of exercise is gonna **** this, i keep getting infections in my belly button (as its disapeared into my sking) and also get infections under the overhang,im seriously thinking what the hell have i done?ive worked so hard to end up like a freak..surgery isnt even a option for me as id never afford it in a million years!

hiya everyone,im gonna get straight to the point and say i feel like a complete freak! ive lost so much weight in such little time that my stomach overhang is VILE (i would post pics but im too ashamed) its really getting me down,no ammount of exercise is gonna **** this, i keep getting infections in my belly button (as its disapeared into my sking) and also get infections under the overhang,im seriously thinking what the hell have i done?ive worked so hard to end up like a freak..surgery isnt even a option for me as id never afford it in a million years!
its awful honey, but if u keep getting infections etc you have a case on medical grounds for skin removal x

Tracy please speak to your doc if you haven't already, surely if it's so bad you have grounds for help to correct it? Xx

thanks for the advice girl,i feel abit cheeky asking the doctor for help considering i was lucky enough to get my band done on the nhs i dont want to look like im trying to sponge from them x

thanks for the advice girl,i feel abit cheeky asking the doctor for help considering i was lucky enough to get my band done on the nhs i dont want to look like im trying to sponge from them x
well go to see him and ask for some cream for your sores, he may even suggest it himself, its got to be worth a go mate x

Ive been to see him about 12 times in the past 3 months lol i just get sent away with different creams,steroid creams,antibiotics,ive even had swabs taking from my infections when they weep (nice i know lol) im seriously considering getting myself into debt to get the TT that i need,but obviously i know that cant be done until ive lost all of my excess weight,by then my stomach will be even worse :( x

It's worth just asking your gp where your pct stands on tts after weight loss surgery, at least you will know what the criteria is for when you do get to your goal weight. xx

I would go and ask them what your options are, you can't go on like this.

Plus that's what funding is for..... Xx

I know I have gone private as they said no to me, but once I lose my weight I will defo be on there case for a TT!!

I know someone who got a TT on the NHS because she had lost alot of weight and the oerhang was depressing her, she wasn't even getting sores or infections like you. Go see your doc and ask please, you've worked so hard to lose the weight to improve your health, this is all part of it too. At least you can start the ball rolling now, so you could be set to go as soon as you hit goal weight. Don't keep suffering in silence. Good luck with it

What a thing to have to struggle with ~ do hope that the doc maybe able to help with this moving forward for you!

Good luck to you if ur lucky enough to get it on the Nhs. I know most pct criteria is that you have to be at goal and maintained for 2yrs ( not sure if this has changed) Wishing you all the best - BD x

Back