• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appendix out pre/post Surgery?! Help please!

bex j88

Hi all!!

Well- what a weekend!!! Friday morning had terrible abdominal pains.
Friday night was in A&E. Saturday morning I was in theatre having my appendix out and a burst ovarian cyst at the same time! :-(

I'm due to have the band at st Richards within next three months- does anyone know if this will be affected by my recent surgery? Funnily enough the key holes are very similarly placed to what they will be for the band!

Thanks in advance
Bex

Oh hune u poor thing. I really wish u a speedy recovery and hope u feel better soon. I am a sleever so dont know answer. But guessing I would Think.3 months is Long enough to recovet If all goes well. take it easy hune.

Oh, so sorry to hear you have been poorly Bex :( I have no idea if recent surgery will affect any upcoming surgery but three months sounds like enough to me. Hope you feel better soon x x

Oh goodness me hope you are doing better now only the hospital will really be able to answer your question xx

The only thing I can think of is if there are internal scarring I think it may still be quite raw 3 months isn't a long time really for insides to heal and scarring to calm down. I think you'd best contact them and let them know they may need to check you so there's no surprises when it's op day x hope you feel better soon x

Hey all

Thanks for all your comments and well wishes.

I'm starting to get back on my feet again- 2 weeks today was my op for appendix/cyst and I'm feeling pretty ok.

AND, I got a call from st Richards yesterday with an op date for band on 5 may! :) I told them about appendix keyhole surgery on 2 march and they called me back saying they didn't think it would be a problem.

Pre op date is 17 April so will confirm for def then.

Only 7 weeks till I'm on the road to being slim again yay yay yay :)

Much love to all
Bex xx

Back