• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please 14 months post revision (band to Bypass) and in pain!

indianlight

Hi,

Sorry I haven't been around much but been really busy, but hope you will help me!!

As it says above, I had a revision 14 months ago and i've had no problems at all. I went for my 'annual' check up on tuesday and although theres a few issues (nothing relating to this problem) all was ok.

Then yesterday i started to get a really bad pain in centre of my back between shoulders, front of chest and in left arm and armpit, along with terrible wind!! After some trial and error I worked out it's when I eat solid food.

I rang my surgeon today and hes going to arrange a barium meal and has told me any changes to go to A & e where hes on call.

I've got pain around belly button area and feel a bit sick, no appetite at all.

I Knew this was related to my bypass, cos I suffered similarly when I was having problems with my band.

Anyway, what I really want to know is if anyone else has suffered from this and what the outcome was.

Thanks for your help.xx

sorry, I have no words of wisdom but hope they get you sorted soon...it sounds really painful :hug99:

sorry I dont either, other than gripe water and or windeze to help with the trapped wind x

Hi Hun sounds like either Gall Stones or an ulcer, I have recently been dignosed with gall stones and the pain you are describing sounds like the pain i get.
According to sats 1 in 9 people who undergo WLS will develop Gall stones due to excesive weight loss in a short period of time xxx

Back