• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

appointment with MR taheri at the heartlands

Hiya ive got a appointment to see mr Taheri at the heartlands in january 2010
seems like months away, has anybody got any idea what hes like? ive seen a few negative comments about him!!
also are we allowed to ring up the hospital and ask for a cancelation to be seen earlier?
ive already seen mr siggurisdon but here in shropshire we have been sent to birmingham.. this is my second appointment, im hoping to have a bypass
many thanks
sue xx

hi ttss
i think i am rite in saying they only do the band at heartlands not the bypass, i would check if it is the bypass your really wanting
all the best with your journey
regards steve

Hi Sue, nothing wrong with ringing the hospital and telling them you are available at short notice if they get any cancellations.

I believe they have been performing bypass operations at Heartlands since the beginning of 2009, but Steve is right in that historically they only did band operations.

If you are certain it is a bypass you want - could you ask your doctor to refer you to Walsall Manor instead. THey are the centre of excellence in the midlands for bariatric surgery.

thanks for the replys, i was lead to belive they are doing bypass at the heartlands, shropshire pct only sending us to the heartlands, but maybe if i requested walsall to my gp it may help!! never thought of that!! il give it a go!!
many many thanks for ur support and advice on here its a god send this site!!
when are u next having a get together? just been looking at the pics xx

Back