• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the heartlands birmingham first appointment

Hi, just to say i had my appointment on friday with mr taheri at the heartlands in birmingham, the appointment went well, but i have to loose some weight before he will put me forward for surgery, it wasnt what i wanted to hear as i was hoping he would have just said yes as i had already seen a surgeon last year but the surgeon lost the contract for the operations in shropshire.

The assesment was quiet in depth which left my self questioning my self why i had let my self get so big, he was quiet intimidating at times but i suppose hes doing his job and accesing me to see what my mental state was....

any way i have to go to the monthly slim club at the hospital to be weighed and we will be given help and support just a shame i live so far away its a 1 and a half hour journey for me and im not used to city driving so a bit nervous driving there!! But i will be going to the meet to prove that i can loose weight ....

does anyone else go to these classes? im going to have some hormone checks and a sleep apniea test and then hopefully i will loose the weight and i will get seen by mr kumar..

ive started cutting back on sweet things already but he told me to stop eating satusmas and grapes, now these are/were my alernitive to chocs and bicuits so have u got any other ideas??
many thanks
sue xx

I knew they made you jump through hoops at bloody birmingham heartlands..... Got a friend doing it currently.

What about seeds Sue? They are good for you, i know my friend was told by dietician they were better than fruit, lots of sugar in fruit... xx

I knew they made you jump through hoops at bloody birmingham heartlands..... Got a friend doing it currently.

What about seeds Sue? They are good for you, i know my friend was told by dietician they were better than fruit, lots of sugar in fruit... xx
thanks julie xx ive not thought about seeds but wont i turn into a parrot!! lol xx

Sue, save your money! Go to your local supermarket, they stock them and am sure they'll be cheaper. Look online and compare.....

Oooh wonders..... www.comparetheseeds.com wonder if its worth a try lol

I had a great experience at Heartlands, but then my experience in Coventry hasn't been great so maybe it was so much better than what I was already used to. I saw Mr Super and he was fantastic. I thought the staff were friendly and the place was lovely and clean. Didn't like the drive either tbh, but if it get's the job done I'm happy to do it.
I hope your next experience there is better huni. If there's any consolation I had a lovely chat with another patient there so that made things feel much nicer I think. Maybe that's what the diet club will be like for you. I'm not attending that however so won't see you.
Good luck xxx

Back