• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2015 Surgeries

purplemel75

Really glad to hear how well you are feeling and I'll certainly be having a peep at your diary as it's interesting to see how others have progressed through their wls journey xx

luluah

Good to find this thread. I had my surgery 15th April and Luton and Dunstable.

How are you all progressing Post-Op??

BFB

Good to find this thread. I had my surgery 15th April and Luton and Dunstable.

How are you all progressing Post-Op??

Hi luluah. I had mine 2 days before you. I'm getting on fine, apart from feeling quite tired and having a little infection in one of my wounds! Minor problems though. How are you getting on?

luluah

Hi luluah. I had mine 2 days before you. I'm getting on fine, apart from feeling quite tired and having a little infection in one of my wounds! Minor problems though. How are you getting on?

Im doing fine. I have been struggling with food as it bloats me and stops me drinking.. trying to balance it better and get fluids in.

I've had an infection in one of my wounds but is getting better now. Starting to heal over and got special dressing on. Want to swim but been told to wait until wound is healed - even though I have waterproof dressing.

Just taking it one day at a time.... xxx

dizzyday71

Good to find this thread. I had my surgery 15th April and Luton and Dunstable. How are you all progressing Post-Op??
Hi luluah, I had mind on the 27th Apr, am doing ok, I've just moved on to puréed evening meal with liquid in the day. I've been very lucky wounds have healed well with no infection. The only problems I've has have been with milk, made me feel very sick but swap to lactose free has helped. I hope you are doing well, the lovely people on here are fab, always a king work with plenty of advice & support xxx

JJJ

Can I join you?
I had my bypass on 27th, having had my band removed about 7 weeks before. Unfortunately I had my keyhole op converted to open because of adhesions so recovery slower

dizzyday71

Can I join you? I had my bypass on 27th, having had my band removed about 7 weeks before. Unfortunately I had my keyhole op converted to open because of adhesions so recovery slower
hi JJJ, sorry to hear you have not had the best time of it, welcome to the April thread, I also had mine on the 27th, touch wood no major problems so far. I hope you are starting to feel better now, lots of lovely people on here with good friendly advice. Xx

BFB

Hi,
How's everyone from April doing?

Hi JJJ. All is good for me thanks. 9 weeks post-op for me on Monday, can't believe it. I start normal food then so I'm looking forward to trying a few more varied things! How are you getting on?

JJJ

I'll be 7 weeks post op on Mon.
Doing ok too thanks. Glad to see you're on a similar dietary programme to me. Think I'm progressing to soft foods @8weeks. So many seem to be much more accelerated.

BFB

That's good to hear. I know, I don't get why the advice is so different? Who's right? Who's wrong? Who knows?!! All we can do is follow our providers advice. :)

I had a bit of a wobble with soft food, cause there seemed to be so much choice but after 3 weeks of liquid, then 3 weeks of purée, it's actually been ok. I'll still take it easy for a bit but I'm looking forward to trying lots of different things to see if I can tolerate them :)

BFB

Really good thanks :) The time has flown by and I'm feeling better than ever. How are you getting on?