• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ashford/St.peters Hospital

orchid

:DHi,i was wondering if there was anyone going to St Peters (chertsey)for there WLS,as they havent been doing it for long and i wandered what there waiting lists were like and how many consoltations do you have before surgery if you allready have funding aproved,please let me know as soon as,Thanks:wave_cry:

Hi

Hi Orchid,
Last I checked Dr Horner ( the guy there ) only does banding not bypass and the wait is quick about 4 months - I checked the laternative whilst discovering the wait for St Richards
xx

Hi Orchid,

Ashford/St. Peters is my closest hospital, but I'm actually going to Charing Cross. I didn't know that St. Peters actually done WLS to be honest. It would have been much easier for me in distance as hubby has to take me to Charing Cross as I can't drive that far, but a friend of mine had her op at CC and that's what spurred me to go there. They have a very good success rate too. Can't comment on St. Peters a I don't know anyone who's been there. Where abouts are you? I'm in Walton-on-Thames in Surrey.

I had my op there :)

Jo Horner is a really nice guy. Have you got all the funding in place?

I saw him on 4th of August last year and from there he set a date of 14th October.

The actual hospital you will have it done is in Ashford, Middlesex, as Mr Horner only consults at St Peters in Chertsey.

He will require you to see a dietician, psychologist and possibly an endocrinologist. He does a three week no fat diet of which I can send you a copy if you like. Its a bit dull but managable as it allows you some sweet stuff.

Then about 3-4 weeks before you will have a pre-op assessment to check heart, lungs, MRSA and general health. They only listened to my heart and lungs, there were no machines or daunting tests.

Ashford Hospital is the only hospital in Surrey without MRSA if that helps.

The waits are not so long really, you will be amazed how time flies once the process really begins:)

Thanks for the info guys, ashford middlesex is too far for me as i live in hampshire on the border of surrey as my GP is surrey i have to choose hospitals that they support which at the moment is st Richards at chichester, but the waiting list for first consultation is anything from 7to12 months,a bummer aye, so thats why i thought i would just look up others THANKS again orchid xx

Back