• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Changing Hospital?

Raynebubble

Hi i was wondering if anybody is in the know... i dont feel like im getting the support i need from Charing Cross Hospital, The Biatric team are in the process of moving to St Marys Hospital in Paddington which is going to take untl April. When you ring them it can take hours, you cant leave a message and if you ring the emergency line you get a telling off.
Today at a lovely support meeting it was suggese i change hospital... i didnt know this could be an option. my querie is the following...
The nearest hospital would be L&D, the apply for there funding.. whereas i had my op at Charing Cross in London who have there own funding...
does anybody think this could be an obstacle?

xx

I was under the impression funding is just for the surgery not your aftercare, I know at my local hospital one of the referral reasons is 'moved from other hospital' do you may be ok xx

Thanks i will see what my doctor says on Monday x

You have nothing to loose by asking - make sure your dr knows how hard it is for you to get there, and how much better it would be if you have some local care considering the problems you have had xxx

i thought the funding thing is based on you and your GP...not the hospital you have surgery at...

if your not supported....attempt to transfer, im sure PALS could advise you?

thankyou..sorry to sound a div what is PALS?

thankyou i will look them up on the internet xx

Back