• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Atkins Advantage Bars...yummy but are they good?

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi all,

I recently came across Atkins Advantage Bars. Namely the 'Chocolate Decadence Bar'. I only bought one to give it a try and it was delish! I managed to cut it into 1cm pieces and eeked it out over the space of 2 weeks (far too rich to eat it all at once anyway).

Just wondering if anyone else has tried these or the others in the range and if you know if they are okay to have. I assumed they would be as nutritional values below...

Per bar (60g):
Kcals 232
Protein 16g
Fat 13g (6.9 sat)
Carbs 19g (of which sugar is 1g)...or 2.1g net carbs whatever that means
Fibre 7g

I know the kcals are high but like I said, I only ate a little at a time anyway...plus at nearly £2 a bar you don't want to eat it too quickly :)

They are expensive but I have used them before. Quite good for a sweet fix in emergencies :) I have used them as a whole meal replacement now and then with my band as I couldn't eat bread/cereals much, so they were handy sometimes for a breakfast or lunch idea.
I love the cappuccino nut breakfast bar, the peanutchoc ones are nice. I got them from ebay from quite a good US seller which was a little bit cheaper..also you can buy them from Avidlite and Sugarfree megastore. Both companies are pretty good service wise in my experience. Lots of people on here use them for sugarfree supplies.
Calorie wise I don't think they're too bad in relation to other sugary choc bars around the same size, plus obviously you get a nice lot of protein.

I wondered about these, as I know I don't get enough protein and I often skip breakfast. I am sure they would be better than a muller light? That's about as good as my breakfast gets sadly.

Rx

They sound delicious and if the are LEGAL (if you know what I mean), they seem a very good thing for people out and about and not having access to a kitchen to carry with them.

I LOVE THESE BARS:8855:

Every month I go on Atkins Nutritional | Low Carb Megastore

and buy a good few bars and other things to see me through the month. They are brill as occasional meal replacements; when you need something sweet; AND to keep the protein intake up, cos some of them have 20g protein in each bar (and next to no sugar)!!

YUMMY!!
PS there's lots of other stuff on there too - for example sugar free syrups which I use for latte coffees as per Costa!!

:D

I have the cappachino nut breakfast bat most days now, I tried the strawberry one but dont really like it. Your right it does help with upping the protein which I struggle with.

Back