• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Average cost of UK gastric sleeve?

Mrs Noodles

Hi all

I'm back again after last considering the sleeve December 2013 and was talked out of it by OH.

My bmi is currently 39.2.

Can anyone please recommend a provider as I will be self funding? I've had some information from healthier weight and I think they use Dr Li as their gastric sleeve consultant?

I live in the West Midlands near Worcester.

Please message me if you would rather not post on here.

Thanks in advance x

I have just had a sleeve with mr Li I Personally went directly to him and saw him at the spire in Manchester although two of the girls on here went with him through healthier weight which I think charge about £1000 more lovely man highly recommend him. The cheapest I found although I did not qualify for the offer as I had a band was £7500 directly through professor ammoris website another good surgeon he repositioned my band on the NHS the year before and has sleeved a couple of the girls on here. I'm sure they'll all be along soon. Good luck happy to answer any questions you have x

Thank you very much monalisa for your response.

Maybe a stupid question but how do you find a surgeons private website as when I google it brings up the providers where he works?

By going direct, do you still get an after care package etc?

Thanks again from a fellow Lisa x

Thank you, I see from your profile you decided to go for a mini gastric bypass, thats something else I'm considering. Can I ask what made you go for that and where did you have it done? x

Thank you very much monalisa for your response.

Maybe a stupid question but how do you find a surgeons private website as when I google it brings up the providers where he works?

By going direct, do you still get an after care package etc?

Thanks again from a fellow Lisa x

For prof basil ammori just google his name the website is obesity surgery experts for mr Li one of my band nurses recommended me to him as I was having problems my package and aftercare is two years with the spire try your local spire and see if he operates there if not I'll get his secretary's number and pm it you Xx

Thanks again, just googled prof basil ammori and I recognised him immediately from when I researched the op 2 year ago and he was on my short list.
I've emailed for a quote.
Thanks again for your help x

Thanks again, just googled prof basil ammori and I recognised him immediately from when I researched the op 2 year ago and he was on my short list.
I've emailed for a quote.
Thanks again for your help x

Your welcome let me know if you need to know anything else x

I went with Mr Li for my sleeve and it cost £10,500. I'm really pleased and the whole team at healthier Weight couldn't have been better. x

Healthier group were an option but are almost £3000 dearer so I need to compare the after care both providers offer.

So I had a quote last week for a gastric sleeve and removal of gallbladder for a total of £8700, one week later and its gone up to £9400!! They have said its because the hospital have put their fees up and they have no control of this. I'm gutted as its another £700 to find.

I don't think so as they say its the hospital fees and not theirs that have gone up

Does the surgeon work at another hospital, maybe a cheaper one?

Might be worth a try :)

Back