• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back to see Bariatric team

12dobidog

I have my 1st follow up appointment with the Bariatric nurse today
I got told off for drinking too much Fruit juice and not having enough protien.
I am to lay off Red meat as it has an effect on my gout (which I didn't know)
Other than that she was well pleased with progress, as am I.
Very usefull to get pointers from her that I hadn't thought about with regard to protien foods. I have also picked up some good info from you guys so I am going to revise my diet from tomorrow
I will have a look at my many cook books and sort out some high protien low carb meals
Once I have sorted some out I will post them

well done bryan keep up the good work chap
regards steve

It's good to get feedback from the hospital isn't it? Hope you manage to get your protein intake sorted out. How is your gout these days? Has it improved since surgery? xx

I have not been on this site long but do you know, you always turn a negative into a positive.

Looking forward to your menues and thanks.

Ur doing do well and have lost so much in such a short time well done xx

Petshell
I am just coming up to 4 weeks post op finding the drink really hard as well but you just have to keep sipping all the time, but its worth it
All the best

Your doing really well with your weight loss. Really looking forward to your menu's as I could do with some inspiration at the moment.

Jeanx

A menu for high protien
1 egg
2oz prawns
1oz sliced mushroom
1tsp philadelphia cheese with chives
spray of light oil
Mix prawns, mushrooms and cheese in a bowl and microwave for one minute
Heat frying pan with spray of oil
Mix the egg and put in frying pan
Once the egg is cooked place the filling in to the centre of the egg and fold egg
ONE PRAWN,MUSHROOM,CHEESE AND CHIVE OMELETTE
fantastic dinner

That sounds delicious ! Have to wait another 4 weeks till i can have it though lol

Bryan firstly could i suggest you open a thread purely for your recipes? Just because they may get lost in this thread lol..

Right your gout! Have a search on here, i did and you need to avoid proteins that are high in purine... Which is red meats, mackerels, mushrooms, and beans and some other stuff (took me about two seconds to find this).... I also remember when my ex husband had gout i did a search and found out strawberries and peas annoyed it...

Good luck with the cooking and i hope they taste as yummy as they sound xxx

Back