• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

on going sleeve story

bigbob

hi well the just a quick update on my progress my start weight in the first week of march was 179 kg i was down to 171kg when i went for my operation on the 27th of april on wednesday 18 may i was weighed and so happy i am now 155.2kg so my total weight loss of 23.8 kg
only problems have been finding things to eat get full really quickly and anything high in fat comes straight back up every day trying to drink enough is a pain i know sip sip sip and the lack of energy is hard to deal with but have been walking the dog and making myself get out the chair found a great protien drink from phd its diet protien so that helps with the energy levels will try to keep this going and let you know how i get on any advise is greatly recived
:)
not so
big bob

Good to hear you are getting on so well with your weight loss (not so) Big Bob...23.8kg is fantastic, well done:happy096:

Protein is so important and I am glad you have something that is helping you and I am sure your dog is appreciating your new found energy for taking him on walks.

I am sure another Sleever will be along shortly that can give you some good advice.

Well done on your progress and keep up the walking as you will see the benefits very quickly.

Well done with everything you're achieving x

Hi Bob
i too am a sleever i had mine 6 days before you. Im managing to eat most things at the moment, i bash chicken breasts to ensure the bits im getting are managable and mince is done in a million ways now, but i have very very small amounts. Fluids are not bad i mix my drinks during the day, sugar free squash de cafinated coffee tea and fresh fruit juices mixed with water.
I dont have protien drinks i just cant drink them.
My energy levels are not to bad, i went back to work 2 weeks after the op and now need a little nanny nap when i come in from work but i dont have more than half an hr as i know i need to do food.

You are doing fantastic with the weight loss but would suggest cutting the high fat foods out, they clearly not agreeing with you.

Hang in there as things to come together over time.

early days are the worst, but everything will fall into place soon and you will feel on top of the world.

Hi not so big bob, i had my sleeve (who is my new best friend ) done on the 15th april, i'm still on the mushy stage. can't eat lumps yet, i can't believe how fast the weight is coming off. well done. i go for my check up on the 20th june i can't wait to see how much i've lost. i'm eating lots of soup which goes down easy. i also like an afternoon nap but i'm not back to work yet gp won't let me go back until hosp sign me off.

hi dolly i am back on the 20th as well so never know might see you there lol
and yvonne thanks for the help mince is not agreeing with me at all so thats out and have gone back to soups and really not enjoying hot drinks i loved coffee before now just can not drink it trying to stay away from anything high in fat just feel really wierd after i eat for about a hour

i can't drink tea any more, i can manage 1/2 cup of hot choc.which gives me a choc treat. lol

I'm a fellow sleever, nearly 2 years out now though! It gets better, just keep at it and try and eat food that is less than 5% fat and 5% sugar :)

Congratulations so far :)

Fantastic weight loss Bob, well done.

hi bob
it does get easier at the weeks pass and u will be able to eat a little more than you do now but as mixy,s say just eat the right foods low in fat and low in sugars it will all fall into place for you all the best chap
regards steve

thanks every one just got to keep going only way is forward from here

if anyone wants too lose weight get a spaniel my puppy has just walked the legs off me we must have done 4 miles and he is now flat out lol

Well done you, im off to the car boot in the morning to buy myself a cheap bike. o dear.

Dolly
Try "freegle" and see if someone has one to give away.

thinking about getting a bike for my birthday in two weeks

Well i did it £15 for a bike am going to give it ago 2morrow, if you don't hear from me again i didn't make it.lol xx

Well hope it all goes well don't forget to wear a helmet lol

bigbob said:
hi dolly i am back on the 20th as well so never know might see you there lol
and yvonne thanks for the help mince is not agreeing with me at all so thats out and have gone back to soups and really not enjoying hot drinks i loved coffee before now just can not drink it trying to stay away from anything high in fat just feel really wierd after i eat for about a hour

Hi I am pre opper so not sure of the post op diet. Wondered if the fact you can't eat mince is down it bing red meat. Have you thought about trying turkey mince. Just a thought :)

Back