• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 weeks to WLS

tink75

Hi all - I'm new to this forum but I have found reading the posts very comforting. I am due to have a gastric bypass in 7 weeks and 5 days (but who's counting).I have been trying to find out what are the best things to eat after surgery e.g. I have read about protien shakes. I am very nervous and excited about the changes to my lifestyle. I have started following SW for the next 6 weeks followed by my liver diet for 2 weeks. Any advice or just general hello's from other people who have had/having the surgery would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
HiYa Tink,
Welcome to minis, You will love it here, Lots of help and advice with great support.
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your weightloss journey, I had the Bypass done on 6th dec and already at my goal, It will certainly change your life forever, Its the best thing i have ever done and I'm sure you will be very succesfull too. If you need to know anything just shout out, I will be more than happy to help.
Good luck!!

Wow you have done amazing - I was browsing through some this afternoon and some of the journey's I read about are inspirational. It's great to hear from real people about the good and bad times. It feels more real now. I am really hoping to get some great advice and support throughout my journey, to share good and bad times with people who truely understand. Thanks again:)

hey there, firstly welcome to minis. Secondly congrats on your appointment and the time will fly Im sure. :D

This forum has some brilliant posts about what to eat and recipes so have a tramp through Im sure you will find some to ease the concern of what to eat

BIG good luck on your liver diet.. once that starts surgery is only round the corner ! :D

Thanks all - I am gutted now cause I was offered the surgery 1st week in September but cause I'm a primary school teacher I didn't think it was fair for the children in my class to come back to school to a teacher they were not expecting :0(. The days are going so slow and I just want the surgery to be over and done with so I can start my new life - I'm sure you all know what I mean. I have been overweight now for 16 years and that is nearly half of my life. How quickly did you all return to work - I'm really hoping to go back to school after October half term which will give me just short of three weeks off. Please write back - if for nothing else but to keep me sane ;0)

Hi Tink , good luck with date wont be long now mine is 13 days away.............Thats a scary thought.
I was hoping not to be for long, possibly 3 days as others have been back within the week after the band, will only do mimimum ie phone calls, p.c work, no face to face or physical including driving for 2 weeks.
That the plan anyway having a week end op. Mia

Hi Tink

Its difficult to say how long. 3 weeks off is an average time but for me it was 6 as I'm an oldie and was exhausted. It also depends on whether your op is laprascopic or open, open needs much longer off.

Good luck

M

Back