• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad cramps in my leg and so painful :(

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all the past few hrs i have had some terrible cramps in my right leg and it has been really painful.
Not had a good day today was in a posh sandwich shop took one bite of food, had to put my hand over my mouth and run into the street and on a busy high street i was sick in the kerb with load of people watching me like i was a drunk vomiting in the street although it was 11.30 am lol, i then got to my car and was sick 2 more times, and all day have had heartburn for the first time since my op and now the leg cramps, is my body telling me something may not be right, i know i have not been 2 good with my fluids and cant take the iron tabs because i already suffer from opiate based constipation and the iron tabs made it worse but i do take my calcium,vit tab and vit c.

Has this happened to u since ur op and wat was the reason it happened and how long did u have this prob for.
Thanks and take care xx

if you've had heartburn, it could be that you have a small amount of the sandwich stuck. On he couple of occasions I have eaten to quickly and got food stuck it has felt similar to heartburn, only more severe.

As for the leg cramps - it could possibly be a lack of salt in your diet. Maybe try a drink of bovril or bouillion. You can get some salt in and maybe dislodge any food that may be stuck in one go.

Hope you feel better soon hun, but if it persists, it might be worth calling your team. x

if you've had heartburn, it could be that you have a small amount of the sandwich stuck. On he couple of occasions I have eaten to quickly and got food stuck it has felt similar to heartburn, only more severe.

As for the leg cramps - it could possibly be a lack of salt in your diet. Maybe try a drink of bovril or bouillion. You can get some salt in and maybe dislodge any food that may be stuck in one go.

Hope you feel better soon hun, but if it persists, it might be worth calling your team. x

Thanks Sam i think it might be the salt, def no sandwich there as only had one bite and was sick 3 times lol and chewed it 25 times :mad:
Will def keep an eye on it and if still got it by monday call my team, thanks hun x

have a salty drink then hun and see if that helps the legs. Do you take any meds to reduce stomach acids such as the Zoton fasttab? if not then see if some gaviscon or something helps.

Roch when you say you have been sick was it a proper vomit or was it lots of nausea followed by a runny mouth and froth. the reason im asking is that if it is down to a blockage ot too much to eat and i know this wasnt the case its normally the latter. if it is what we would class as a normal vomit where all stomach contents comes back and it happens more than once like in yr case it sounds more like a tummy bug. and especially with the leg cramps it sounds like dehydration. get plenty of fluids in and maybe ask yr pharmacy aboout some rehydrate or something but check the sugar content..

hth
carole

Back