• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good and bad - before and after

ladylite

Well I thought I would write down what has happened to me since my op which may help some of you peeps who are considering surgery.

If anyone else want to add any please feel free.

Firstly I am a 62 year old who has had a weight problem since the world begain and decided to have surgery on 24th May this year and the difference in my life is amazing.

Before

I hated clothes shopping
I couldnt walk very far
I had pains in my knees and my hips
I didnt have any energy
Wasnt keen on sex
I hated going out except for a meal
I hated going on holiday, especially the plane
I always felt ugly
I was always tired and often had to have a sleep in the day
I was a compulsive eater and food dominated my life

After
I love clothes shopping
I can run, swim and cycle as good as the next
I dont have any pains anymore
I love going out
I love going on holiday and I now have loads of room on the plane even with the tray down.
I have so much energy now
I feel beautiful
I sleep really well now and awake refreshed.
I LUV sex
I can ride a horse again
I receive so many compliments now
I am in complete control of my appetite and enjoy eating, I eat to live instead of living to eat.

There are many more but hope this helps anyone who is wavering.

Sounds 90% me (pre surgery) Mary... thanks for sharing this... but since knowing you and so many other successful WLS patients from on the forum here... I wouldn't hesitate to go forward for the surgery... just a few of the positives on your list would make me very happy indeed... it's been an existence for the last years. Not a life.

Thank you Mary and keep inspiring!

Love and hugs xxx

Aww Mary just what I wanted to hear,so glad your living now not just existing.And you have rediscovered sex...you little minx!lolMaz x

I hear you Mary, there are so many positives to come out of having WLS. I too suffered with arthritis and was on quite heavy medication for it and was often in agony. Since the op I have not had to take my medication and I no longer have pain. Its a miracle as far as I can tell as I never thought I would ever get rid of that horrible pain.

Also I can move so much easier, I dont sweat absolute buckets when I am walking about and especially in the gym!!!

Blood pressure is down, all in all I am so much healthier and I can feel the difference. I actually feel happy now, that is a feeling that I never thought I'd experience again.

Whats sex? and can you have it after a bypass? ;) XX

Its that thing they called "Lying back and thinking of England".

Oh yeah and I forgot about all the sweating, I dont do that anymore either....... accept during sex.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yeah Jac they give you an implant of sexy feelings to last you a few weeks and if you like it you have to pay for more!If you dont it soon wears off and you go back to a good nights kip with nothing uncomfortable sticking in your back!!! lol Maz x

Hahaha... girls... I think I'd better send my OH for a bypass too... it's no good just one of us being this fit and available... haha... I've had a good old belly laugh at this point... can't wait til I can squeeze into something slinky without busting the seams... hahaha... xxx

Well I couldn't spot the 'bad' bits in the 'Good and The Bad' Mary. So glad you feel so good- You look brill and have done so well
xx

Reactions: Bev
Back