• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does this seem too Much ? I'm bit worried...

emma-louise

my new life!!
Well I got my phone call from the doctors to come and collect a prescription that was wrote for me after my bloods was taken at the hospital.
I now have to take a day..
Forceval x 2
Iron x 3
Calcichew d3 forte x 4
Lansoprazole x1

My letter mentioned iron was low,and copper was quite low and also vitamin d level was low and ive got to have bloods done again in 2/3 months after taking increased tabs.
Anyway when I went to the chemist..the pharmacist asked me why I was taking this amount of vitamin,I told her about my bloods,and she told me..
"Well you must have a severe vitamin deficiency to be taking this amount"
So I told her I was having bloods checked again.
I was a bit concerned when I came away to be honest,as I haven't read in any letter or been told my definency is quite severe.
I am going to try and get into the doctors this week to ask some questions.. I just wondered if anyone else who has had a bypass has ever taken this amount of tablets?
Oh I'm 15 months since bypass x
Thanks all x

I am only 9 weeks and I am on 1x forceval, 3x adcal d3. 1x Thiamine. So if you are a little low on some things then this wouldn't seem too bad. Forceval have iron in so maybe thats why you would take 2. And it's only 1 more calcium D3 than I am on this early out. I was on 3x solvazinc too but this was making my copper too low. And I was told to stop taking Lansoprazole from 2 weeks out.

Thanks mariew,

The lady was more concerned about the forceval I think,she just made me a little concerned.
It's just so hard to get in my doctors,that's why I'm asking on here,but will have to speak to a doctor.

I've had lots of episodes of low iron, and just recovered from low vit D. For the iron I was just put on normal dose, as I had stopped taking it previously when my levels got too high. For the D I was put on 2 adcal d3 daily (had previously been on calcichew with no d added). But I couldn't stand them so bought d3 from holland & barratts and stuck to my calcichew. Both levels now fine after a month or 2.

Maybe your doctor is trying to beat your malabsorption by throwing extra at you? Does the patient information leaflet say anything about maximum doses?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi shell,

I've just presumed as the doctor has prescribed the increased Forceval it's ok.
My iron has always been iffy,due to womans troubles.
Can I ask When you say you have just recovered from low vit D how was you feeling?
and what does it mean to be low in this?
Thanks x

I couldn't say how it affected me to be honest because of all my other health problems. It showed with low para-thyroid hormone first then they checked the vit D and found that was low. I don't know how low, I didn't ask. I took 2 of the 2500iu tablets from h&b daily and it's fine now, as is the PTH.

With the iron, ferrous fumerate sugar free syrup is the best absorbed post op, but it's an acquired taste! I am trying to keep mine up with forceval, fortified breakfast cereals, and green veg, as all the iron supplements aggravate my IBS, so if they dip again it's IV iron therapy for me :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

8 weeks post op

I have to take

2 Sanatgen A-Z Vitamin (horse pills)
1 Pregaday iron pill
2 Calci (vit D) twice a day

Plus my thyroxine and none can be taken together - so make sure you take them at diff times, specially the Vit D read the labels as its really important x

Maybe the pharmacist didn't realise you had had a by-pass and so would need extra help anyway? I'm sure the Doctor has more information at hand concerning you than the pharmasist.
I'd be reassured by some of the posts here too. I hope it all gets sorted soon and you are feeling better about it.

2 forceval, 4 calcit d3, 2 ferrous sulphate and 1 symvastatin thank god no metformin as well any more :) wouldn't have time for food :)

Back