• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad reaction to milk diet

CHUCKY

hi all had a nasty reaction to milk diet so been given different pre op.

Day 3 of milk and after 3 days of diareah sweating headache dizzy shaky and generally feeling crap i phoned dietitian and she said stop that diet and she emailed a different one. Its basic but its food.
so hopefully be bit nicer mind you milk was ok didnt feel hungry was just the diareah but she thinks i am lactose intolorant.
She did say most people are fine on milk so pls dont panic if you got milk diet coming up.
Cheers

oh dear, sorry you've been poorly.
At least your dietician knew what to do, hope you get on better with this diet. i'm on day 4 of yoghurt diet and doing ok.

thats good news you are doing ok you on it for 2 weeks seems such a long time but hopefully it will soon pass. Good luck

no, i'm on it for 7 days, thankfully, i couldnt cope with any longer. xxx good luck.

Day 3 of milk and after 3 days of diareah sweating headache dizzy shaky and generally feeling crap i phoned dietitian and she said stop that diet and she emailed a different one. Its basic but its food.
so hopefully be bit nicer mind you milk was ok didnt feel hungry was just the diareah but she thinks i am lactose intolorant.
She did say most people are fine on milk so pls dont panic if you got milk diet coming up.
Cheers

Hi Chucky

Did you have any idea that you were intolerant to milk before?

I'm glad you have a better pre op diet now.

(((hugs)))

Hope it settles down Chucky and good luck for your forthcoming op.

xx

I've had a tickly cough since starting the milk diet. I wonder whether I've developed an intolerance :confused:

What does your new diet involve? WLSG said that if I'm struggling it wont be a problem swapping to an alternative.

xxx

I think any of the diets could be used as long as you achieve liver shrinkage,after all you dont want to risk it being damaged during the op and its got to be small enough for the surgeon to get at your stomach.Especially if its keyhole,it would be like trying to knit a complicated pattern inside a binbag of rubbish!!

ive had a tickly cough too since starting the yoghurt diet. odd.

Cheers

I have a bad reaction to milk also.

When I do the pre-op diet I'll discuss it with the nurse about doing soya based shake diet.

Good luck with the rest of the pre-op diet and the actual operation xx

Cheers

And I have this to look forward to - oh joy!!! :sigh:

hi all hanks for kind messages.
my new diet is as follows:
b/fast either 2 rashers bacon or 2 eggs with mushrooms and toms.

Lunch 5oz tuna or salmon or 3oz chicken, ham or turkey with unlimited salad

Dinner 5oz chicken breast, beef or gammon steak Or 60z white/oily fish with unlimited veg

Also allowed 3 pieces fruit i diet yog and 1/2 pint semi milk

additional
low cal salad dressing
gravy granuals

Not like being on diet at all
The dietitian did say its not quiet as succesfull as milk but i am having open so its ok but i couldnt have carried on with milk anyway.

I didnt know i was lactose intolorant b4 diet but never drank that quantity b4.

Thanks again

Back