• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk diet and diebetes???

thinkbethin

Can I just ask, have any diebetics done the milk and yoghurt diet??? Been told by post ops that I should be on a different diet and today on here I was told I should'nt be doing it. My sugar levels are dropping so low that I feel like I'm going to pass out. I'm not craving food , I'm alright with that side of the diet its just I don't know whether its right or not. I've phoned the dieticien today but she was'nt there so have asked for them to get her to ring me asap.

Didnt want to read and run babe but have no answer hope some one does xxx

didn't want to read and run either...

you could go on a low cal low carb diet, eat under 1000 cals, and that should do the trick... that what i have to do pre op... 10 days of it :)

.x.

I think Iro is probably right gaynor. Are you insulin dependant or tablet?? I think you have done the right thing getting in touch with the dietician although I would have thought she would have made sure the diet was okay for you knowing you were diabetic maybe you just need to have more of it a day Anyway hope she gets back soon

Love n hugs Jay xx

there is other pre op diets available, and if the milk one is making you feel unwell im sure they will change you over to a better suited one for you xxx

i think you will be fine lovely :)

.x.

Thanks Terri, I'm just worried I'll make myself ill and have my op cancelled.I think I'll do the milk and yoghurt but instead of 3 pints I'll have 1 and compensate the other 2 with 2 half cups of soup.

If your worried ring your surgical team and tell them the mk diet isn't working for you and your blood sugar levels are way to low, and what other diet can they recommend. You will need to be well and strong for recovery afterwards.

Can I just ask, have any diebetics done the milk and yoghurt diet??? Been told by post ops that I should be on a different diet and today on here I was told I should'nt be doing it. My sugar levels are dropping so low that I feel like I'm going to pass out. I'm not craving food , I'm alright with that side of the diet its just I don't know whether its right or not. I've phoned the dieticien today but she was'nt there so have asked for them to get her to ring me asap.
Hi i have type 1 diabetes and had the milk diet for nine days, regular checks on blood sugar four times a day and reduced my injections of insulin by half and adjusted from there on. I didnt suffer low blood sugars infact my sugar control was really good. I would suggest you speak to the bariatric team or gp, dietician for help though. xxx

Hi Gaynor I looked all over and I must have thrown the diet sheet that I had but I would call Narissa or Liz and see what they say as I definetely had a different sheet to follow Im sure they must have still got the diet sheets.
Good Luck
Speak soon xxx

Hi there...I am diabetic they gave me the choice slim fastt diet or low cal diet all had to be 1000 cals...I managed to reduce this to 678 and 758 because I was full...odd I found my fill level after 20 years...and I saw dietician yesterday and she told me off and said I must have my 1000 cals or as near to it...so replaced 2 shakes and snack with a meal....low in everything and only 350 cals and that seems to have worked I have loads of energy ...still going to do a number 2 [poo]and not dizzy...[well always been DIZZY]....had shake breakfast weightwatchers soup 87 cals for lunch and a weightwatchers meal loads of fruit teas ...dont do coffee.....and water...water ...water

Perhaps they will change yours ....
fingers crossed hope my waffle helps
Juni

Back