• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Balloon is due out in April

ljade

Has anyone else had there balloon out mine is due out in April just wondering what the procedure is like compared to having it done?
I hop I'm right in thinking there shouldn't be any sickness?? Can't go through that again!!!!!!
Thanks

Hi, I had a balloon last year and had it taken out at Xmas. No you don't get the sickness like you do when it goes in. The procedure is pretty much the same to be honest, and I went home after waiting an hour in recovery.
It was a relief to get the thing out!! Lol

Had mine out in January and it was just the reverse of getting it in. Bit of spray on the back of throat and jobs a good un!!

For me getting it taken out was worse as I didn't have any sedation... just the disgusting banana spray. Was ok once it was all over!

I lost two stone in the first three months i had it in, then the last three months were really hard as I could eat as if it wasn't there! Unfortunately I put that weight back on when it came out ( I blame Xmas as it came out a week before Xmas!). Some people do really well with it in. But now I've been sleeved now though and feel much happier. :)

Back