• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band questions

florabell

Hello, I am hoping to canvass some opinions (please!)

After 3 yrs of will I/ won't I, I have decided to get the band. I will be going private. Now I have made the decision, I want it done asap. However, I have a week in Spain booked 30th May and then a mini break 12-15 July. Due to this, I have reluctantly decided I will have to wait til the end of July allowing for these breaks and the liver shrinkage diet which I would hope to start 16 July. I am seeing the surgeon for consultation 16 June.

I toyed with the idea of having it done before these breaks but I think I'm better getting them out of the way and enjoying the hotel buffet etc without worrying about the post op diet.

On the other hand, I am worried I will start acting like the condemned woman and eating everything in sight thus gaining more weight before the op! I also see it as a last hurrah before getting stuck into the new way of life..

Do you think I'm right to wait?!

I agree I would wait.... its a big op and the recovery period was far bigger than ever I expected.... so I would deffo give yourself the time ;) I also think regardless of holidays and breaks away you are always going to go thru the condemned woman bit lol most of us do..... its almost a mourning period...... go away enjoy your time, do go mad of course lol give yourself the best possible chance :) all the best x x x

You will have pre op liver shrinking diet and the the post op eatingcregime for 3-4 weeks. Life just isn't the same during these weeks and I would want the comfort, familiarity and routine of home - can't imagine trying to go through the puree stage in a hotel!

Thank you girls, you've confirmed what I thought..ooh well I will enjoy my hols then get back to start the new way of life xx

Back