• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band to Mini Bypass hello all

CANKSTER

Hello all, now I've spent a week browsing this forum I thought it best to introduce myself as I think I will be on here a lot.

I'm Dave I'm 41 and I had a band with Chris De Bruyne in Belgium 5 years ago, initially I lost a fair amount of weight but it's all come back and then some. After some painful soul searching I've come to the conclusion the band was not right for me as I was able to cheat it with ease, also the ability to have the fluid out at will (especially before hols) made it an easy option to unfill. So after lots of chats with Fred I have decided to go for the Mini Gastric Bypass.

I am recently separated so am starting a completely new journey and I think not having such a fat ass will make that journey more pleasurable.

I will be going to Belgium on the 7th September and am travelling for the op alone so am a little nervous but I imagine I will just be sleeping most of the time so should not be an issue.

Thank you all for sharing all your stories and experiences on here it has made my journey and planning that much easier x.

Dave

los in it

Hello
just wanted to wish you the very best in all areas of your life

Caroline jess

Hello, I had my band eight years ago with Dr Chris, I revised to mini bypass in Feb in Belgium. I'm at target now, good luck!

weegie

Hi Dave

Another satisfied patient of CDB. Banded in 2007 lost 9 and a half stone. Sadly after nearly 7 years I started having terrible reflux problems that just got worse and I regained over 4 stone in little more than a year. Revised to MGB in Belgium on June 10. No regrets.

Good luck in September :)

Loving the Loop

hi, welcome mate....nice to see I'm not the only bloke on here. Good luck with the surgery.

CANKSTER

Thank you all :)

I have reading weegie and Jess's diaries and they have been very enlightening. The one think that does seem to jump out is that what we can/cannot eat seems to be decided by a roulette wheel/the tides!

I suppose it's a case of having a stomach like a baby and starting again.

I'm on a mixture of exante/Cambridge/lipotrim for my pre op liver shrink, may as well use up all my old sachets.

BFB

Haha I love the last goal on your list :D

Good luck with it all :)

Pauleygrl

Hi All, I am off to Belgium for my MGB jan 13 and wondered if any others were getting ready for surgery. I had a band 2005 weight loss was good until it slipped . Now totally unfilled and back at pre band weight. Be glad when back on the road to a healthier me.

Summer1992

Hi All, I am off to Belgium for my MGB jan 13 and wondered if any others were getting ready for surgery. I had a band 2005 weight loss was good until it slipped . Now totally unfilled and back at pre band weight. Be glad when back on the road to a healthier me.

I just came back from Belgium 1 week today and I had the same procedure with the same dr. I'm sure you'll be fine, I wish you the best :)

Caroline jess

Hi Pauleygirl. My story was similar to yours, I had my mgb 10 /5 months ago with Dr Chris de Bruyne everything went fine and I am now at goal weight (size 10) the mgb lifestyle is much easier than s band (especially a slipped one!) in my opinion.
Good luck!

Katsmeow

Hello girls, I'm looking to go to Belgium with the same Dr. I also have a band and want it changed to a MGB.
Can I ask how much you girls paid please and whom did you book with?

top_kat

Hello girls, I'm looking to go to Belgium with the same Dr. I also have a band and want it changed to a MGB.
Can I ask how much you girls paid please and whom did you book with?
Katsmeow, I am booked for band to MGB conversion with Chris on July 1st. Starting my pre-op on the 30th May. Had my band for just under 4 years.
I've booked mine through Belgium Surgery Services, no extra charge for band removal but its 7490 euros.