• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band -v- Pregnancy

molloyj1979

I am hoping to get a Band on the NHS (if I ever get an apnt for the weight loss team at the local NHS hosp). Apart from the need to loose weight anyway, I primarily want to loose it to be able to have a healthy BMI for IVF treatment. Has anyone else been in this situation? I know that being pregnant and having a band is possible, but also wonder how others dealt with pregnancy with a Band?

Hi there, I'm not in a dis-similar situation, I am on the waiting list for a gastric sleeve one of my main reason is to get my bmi down for ivf. Iv asked my dietician about pregnancy after wls and she recommended waiting at least 18 months and that you would have to take extra supplements and to have regular blood tests. But she also reassured me that lots of wls ladies go on to have healthy happy pregnancies x

You may not even need fertility treatment post wls. Manu women conceive naturally despite having tried for years before.

I will "( I have clipped tubes. But yes I hear of many successful pregnancies after weight loss.

I had my band done privately for the main purpose to try and fall pregnant
...im 4 months in and lost 3 stone so far and have been told to go for it by my provider. .apparently with a band u can start trying as soon as ur healed x x

It is possible and I wish you well on your journey - be aware that some providers will advise that you wait a year post having a band fitted before trying to conceive.

I also hope to get my BMI low enough to try for a another baby, I have been advised to wait a year though, this is for your body to recover and also for you to adjust your mind and body into the routine of having the band.

I suffer from PCOS and I conceived naturally after 6 years of trying and having an erratic cycle. 4 months post op and I am already having regular 31 day cycles which is amazina as it was anyting from 40 to 130 days!

oh my gosh there are so many of us in the same situation. i too had a band fitted not only to lose weight and be healthy but also to get my weight and health good enough to conceive. x x x glad im not the only one x

I had my band to get my weight down to conceive and after a 7st loss I still couldn't conceive naturally so had a course of clomid and fell on my 3rd month I then had band emptied big mistake as I gained weight thru the whole pregnancy and am now awaiting bypass as my band also slipped BUT I have an amazing little girl so was all worth it , good luck just think a year after banding you could be beginning your journey to becoming pregnant

oh my gosh there are so many of us in the same situation. i too had a band fitted not only to lose weight and be healthy but also to get my weight and health good enough to conceive. x x x glad im not the only one x
There is indeed. I thought I was the only one nice to know there is people with the same goals.

Me, too! I got a balloon to drop weight in hopes of conceiving naturally. Between my erratic cycle and other PCOS related problems, getting preggers just wasn't going to happen, especially at a high weight. Though I do hate the idea of losing weight and getting a flat belly just to conceive and get my belly back :(

I would be prepared to be offered other weight loss surgery other then the band. The NHS does not appear to offer the band of late.. ?!?
However it could easily and quickly be done privately.
I think most people say they can not afford it privately, mine cost me £180 a month for 3 years...
I save that twice over in food!! :)

I had my band almost a year.
List 5stone.
Then we decided to try for a baby.
Well we tried it worked and we got two babies
Had two 0.5ml refills.
Never gained until my 24weeks then gained 3lb a week.
Today just had a 4ml defill and omg I can eat anything.
I think the weight is going to pile on now

Xxx

Back