• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pregnancy after surgery

Ginnywinny

I really want to have another baby but my weight has stopped me in the past.

I am 37 and am really hoping to be able to get pregnant 12 to 18 months after surgery (I'm having a gastric bypass). Has anyone else got experience of pregnancy after surgery or planning on a pregnancy?

Ginny x

theres a few on here who are doing the wls route to help with pregnancies etc im sure someone will come along if they see this i just wanted to wish you luck and say hi

Hi
I'm 33 and I was 2 year post bypass in March and I am 23 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. So far I have sailed through. With my other 2 I was ill hated every moment of pregnancy but I'm quite enjoying this 1!!! This baby was a massive but very happy shock, in fact I was 14 weeks before I found out I was pregnant, I've had no morning sickness or anything. Definitely easier when not carrying all the extra weight I've lost 8stone since bypass. With my first child I was border line diabetic which was controlled with diet my last child I had gestational diabetes and I was Injecting insulin - hoping because of my bypass I'll be fine this time round :)

Thank you for your reply, it's lovely to here how much better your pregnancy is after the weight lost. I had a horrible first pregnancy. Because I'm 37 I'm waiting to get pregnant as soon as possible after surgery but obviously have to wait until my weight has settled. I'm hoping I'll be able to start try after 12 -18 months

I'm hoping it will help me after a lot of miscarriages I'm told that losing weight should help me go to full term

i was banded last october! im pregnant 10 + weeks. apart from the usual tiredness and a bit of nausea alls going well! x

There are some fantastic success stories about pregnancy after gastric bypass. I'm hoping that I will be one of them eventually. I lost my first pregnancy at the beginning of April at 6 weeks, and now it appears I'm pregnant again. So fertility is massively improved, as hubby and I tried for a year before my op with no success.

Back