• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band volume??

buglady

hi everyone im in the process of having a band fitted and was just wondering on who decides the size of band that gets fitted i hear you all talking about how much a band can hold and asking what size band people have is there any rule of thumb on what size band that gets fitted ?Are bigger volume ones better why are they different sizes? i wonder if you could post your band sizes and why you had the size you had? man thanks a confused alison!!

hi alison, you dont have a choice what size band your given, i was told that the surgeon decided what size by the size of the stomach wall it has to go around. i was given a 7 mil cousins band both times.

Hi Alison

My surgeon just looked at me and said I think we will get away with a small band and thats what I had. Mine is empty at the minute as apparently you get a degree of restriction from the start with a small band. I'm now 4 weeks post op and have lost 15lb.

bothered with wind pain

Hi minimetobe, I am also 4weeks post op and lost 20lb are you having any problems when you eat, I am getting so much pain from wind still its really putting me of eating anything :sigh:
Sandra

Hi
Never thought of this question - Had my band fitted last Tuesday no idea what size
Will ask the question
Cheers
James

Hi Sandra
My wind pain (more shoulder pain than anything else) settled after about 2 weeks. I'm not having any problems eating but don't have much of an appetite and have to make a concious effort to eat 3 times a day and drink. I'm still having mainly slim fast shakes, soup, youghurt and the odd banana. Didn't quite chew the banana enough the other day and it got 'stuck' I panicked a bit but just kept swallowing and the strange feeling went away. Are you doing any exercise ? I heven't really done anything since the op but now the weather is picking up must make an effort.:)

thanks for your comments everyone im going to a weight loss evening at spire on tuesday ill guess ill find out then ps im hoping to sign up then!!!:)))))

Back