• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how ive found the band so far!

BandyEmm

I thought id post up on how i personally have found the band and the highs and lows so far.

Well my band was fitted 10th march 2010 i have a 14ml band fitted.

For the first 6 mths i was having a mega hard time of it all, i was having regrets, i hated my band, i wish i didnt have it done, The reason why i was feeling like this was due to high expectations of it.

When it was first fitted the restriction was fantastic due to the swelling and not feeling hungry for the first week or so. it was so hard im not going to lie and say other wise.

I had my first and second fill and ok i was eating much less then i was before but it wasnt making the scales move. The inches were falling tho.

My 3rd fill on the 4/10/10 was the hatrick, I have very tight restriction, maybe a teeny bit too much as i do bring food back up after only a few teaspoons.
Im certainly eating less, not feeling hungry, can really feel the band giving me what i need and want. This is where my proper weightloss journey is starting. Each day the scales are budging even if its 0.01kg they are still moving and by at the end of the week, i know i will have lost 1-2lbs (fingers crossed)

What i want to share with new banders who are struggling, is to stick with it, it does and will get easier as soon as you hit your hatrick mark.

If i can do it, i promise you ANYONE can do it...

massive hugs and love xxxxxxxxx

Great post Emm.

How many mls do you have in your band now? I guess you should have around 11/12mls in if you have great restriction?

thanks hun, i have 7.5ml in a 14ml band x

Thank you for your post. It is good for anybody considering a band (as I am) to be prepared for the reality - it ain't a magic pill!!
Good on you for getting through the difficult months and tons of luck for the months ahead.
Onwards and downwards!

You have done really well Emm to stick with it when things were not going too well....it was worth the wait, you are now loosing like a good un!! :D X

what a great post Em, and glad you are finally starting to see some significant weight loss.

We all want to lose a stone a week, and it takes some time to realise that its going to take a while to get to where we want to be.

Its lovely to read such a positive post from you hun, and I wish you well with the rest of your weight loss. xx

Good for you Emm xx

But keep an eye on the tightness as that will tack you backwards not forwards ;) You should not be bringing stuff back up....

So glad you didn't give up. I was really worried about you a one point. Great thread and you so deserve it. Well done Em xxx

bringing most foods up after a few spoonfulls isnt good Emma and continuing to do so will put your band at risk through too much wretching, i wouldnt want to see you lose your band through this, living with a tight band is a miserable existance and you will only be able to tollerate it so long x

Thankyou everyone x

Am wondering if its me and not my band Liz maybe im eating too quickly as its alot tighter now? Will change my eating "speed" and see whats what xx

Thankyou everyone x

Am wondering if its me and not my band Liz maybe im eating too quickly as its alot tighter now? Will change my eating "speed" and see whats what xx

yeah give that a try, put down your knife and fork between each mouth full and do not pick them up again until the previuos mouthfull has been chewed really well and swallowed this should help slow thing down and lessen the discomfort x

Back