• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band

I've got a 14ml I think they decide on the size to give you depending on the size of your pipe. Mine is working I don't know if I'm quite there yet but I'm on my way xxx

ThinnerJemima said:
Mine's a 12ml.

So did you drink on your night out a couple of weeks ago?

No I didn't I lost a stone pre opp in the end and surgeon said he could tell by my liver I had worked hard.

No I didn't lost a stone pre opp and surgeon said he could see I had worked hard by my liver. Didn't think was worth it

Yes I have a 14ml band, when I discussed this with my surgeon he said that they tended to use this size band in surgery :)

There are indeed :) I didn't have any fill put in at op, had 5mls added 5 weeks post op and then another ml 2 weeks later, still do not feel any restriction in what I can eat or the amount so a lot of it is self control and limiting calories, but neither do I want to rush the fills. I do know its there tho, if I eat too quickly lol

I have a 14 mil band too. Currently with 10.25 mils in. Band + will power = ten and a half stones lost :)

I just had my band fitted yesterday, not sure what size it is yet as don't see prof until today. Just want to say congrats on your op Wayne and hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

wayne said:
I just had 14ml band fitted seems a little large has anyone got 14ml band and does it work ok

Hi Wayne, I have a 14 mls band with 5 mls put in at surgery. Size band depends on ur anatomy and not weight etc. Apparently men tend to have a lot of extra tissue, so a large is placed, but not in all cases.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back