• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Battle wounds

Fizzpot

I everyone, had my surgery just under three weeks ago, my biggest incision scab has come off now, it's bit gross not healed, I was given cream which I'm still using - its really bugging me now , how long did it take you all to heal properly xx

I will prob get slated for this but a couple of sunbed sessions helped heal mine fantastically!! Sun is a great healer :)

Hi

All but one of mine where healed within a week with one where the drain was taking a couple of days more, I had a bypass though so don't know if the sizes are the same with a band, which one are you having problems with, I bet it's the port one which is quite bigger than the access ports.

Paul

Hey Fizz...

My scars are healing nicely....the biggest one (2cm) has still got yellow bruising all around it....but such a fine thin scar....scab came off already and looks like its gonna be a cute little scar.

The one im having a bit of trouble with is the highest one, (in between my boobies)....as my bra sometimes sits on it. And its a bit red....So I may pop down to my nurse to see if shes has any cream for it....

What cream did you get?

JO28172 said:
I will prob get slated for this but a couple of sunbed sessions helped heal mine fantastically!! Sun is a great healer :)

That's good then if it helps them heal!! I'm scared of sun beds lol I have no idea how they work xx

Paul-H said:
Hi

All but one of mine where healed within a week with one where the drain was taking a couple of days more, I had a bypass though so don't know if the sizes are the same with a band, which one are you having problems with, I bet it's the port one which is quite bigger than the access ports.

Paul

Got it in one it's the port one!! It's like itchy and all around it is red and sooo frustrating- the skin that's red feels like elephant skin , I have cream but figure may be I need a stronger one , x

Bluebutterflier said:
Hey Fizz...

My scars are healing nicely....the biggest one (2cm) has still got yellow bruising all around it....but such a fine thin scar....scab came off already and looks like its gonna be a cute little scar.

The one im having a bit of trouble with is the highest one, (in between my boobies)....as my bra sometimes sits on it. And its a bit red....So I may pop down to my nurse to see if shes has any cream for it....

What cream did you get?

I'm
Glad yours are healing nicely, it's just that one that's sooo friggin itchy!! I'm back at docs today, I haven't got any between my smarties! Thete all in folds of fat- maybe thats why this ones a bot dodgy, The cream I have is fucidil or something like that, hope they give you the right cream so it heals xx

Just what you need, loose all that weight and then risk a melanoma, what else do you smoke as well, :) :) :) walked right into that one didn't you :)

Paul

I'm 3 weeks post op and I still have 3 out of 6 sites not healed, and 1 of them still has a huge hole in it and looks weeks away from healing :-(,
I'm having to have them re-dressed every other day

Gnomes said:
I'm 3 weeks post op and I still have 3 out of 6 sites not healed, and 1 of them still has a huge hole in it and looks weeks away from healing :-(,
I'm having to have them re-dressed every other day

:( that must be doing your head in!
The doc said to take anti histamines as mine looks like an allergic reaction but if it hasnt cleared by Friday she's given me anti biotics oh joy! Thanks all for the support xx

Ah I know the stuff, I have a tube of it in the drawer in the bathroom, its an antibiotic cream...ill try it :) x

Aww mine all clear within a week! Even the one that I pulled that lump of glue out of! Eww! Fizz try leaving the cream off for 24 hours and letting it dry out! The cream is keeping it moist so you would be better taking the anti b's to clear it! Hope it gets clear soon! X

Back