• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

port

Wobbly71

Hi everyone

I had my band 3 and half weeks ago. Had a bit of bother with port incision line not healing. Its finally starting to heal.

I'm just asking how long you get pains at port site?

I'm still getting odd bursts of uncomfortable feeling at port site and now and again depending on my position a pain!

Is this normal. Also I can't feel the port at all, can you all feel your port position.

Think I'm just hoping all ok for first fill on 1st october x

I have seen on here that the port hole is the last pain to go, I can feel mine but that's not to say everyone can......xxx hope you get a better reply then mine xxx

The final pains around my port site had eased at around 3 1/2 weeks, gone by four. But I have no idea where the port actually is as I simply cannot feel it and havent been able to from day one.

Having my 1st fill next thursday ~ thank goodness to have some restriction! So will know where it is then, but now I dont :)

Try not to worry it does eventually xx

Thanks everyone.

I got the pain worst when I got on the floor to get something from under my bed. Must of been a position I hadn't been in since op.

Lot better than before. Incision is healing nicely and the pain is inside.

Getting there x x

i couldnt find my port at first,the more weight u lose the more u feel where it is x

hi i just had my band yesterday. there told me the side where the port is will be tender . come home today . i struggle to pick up of the floor hane to hold my side lol hope y ok x

Hello :)

My post is right under my bust in the middle and yes I can feel it and when I eat it goes very very hard .
At the beginning it was very sore and the small cut was weeping but that all settle down and it completely fine now
Hope this helps x

lynette shepherd said:
thanks when u inn abit of pain , u think have i done the right thing 1st day and all that , x

Take it easy I did not even get out bed for week take it easy :)

lynette shepherd said:
hi how long did you have off work ? i have told my work 1 week x

I am lucky I run my own business so I took 2 and half weeks off work
As am a hairdresser and am on my feet loads
But go with how u feel after a week I was able to do a little more but I did not drive for 11 days x

Back