• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nearly 3 weeks post band

becky2123

Hi everyone,

I'm now nearly three weeks post op and I'm slowly starting to get my appetite back!

I'm eating from a tea plate and eating the right things but I'm starting to feel a bit hungry which is annoying!!

My wounds seem to be heeling well except the blooming band wound is right under my bra strap so it sits on it all day!!! Very annoying!!!

There also very itchy!!!

I'm looking forward to my first fill now tho!

The skin near my band is quite tender still though and I look a bit mishapen!!

Should I still be swollen or am I just oddly shaped!!???

On the plus side I'm 30lb down!!! ?

Becky

Xx

Hello becky
well done on your recovery and been down by 30lbs !
Keep up the good work

I've got over three weeks till my fill and I'm worried I'm gonna put weight back on as I'm getting hungrier!!!!

My portions are slowly getting bigger,still tiny by my standards but I could eat more!!

I wish if I'd had done fluid put in when they did my band so I wasn't getting hungry x

That's what worries me as so far I haven't had any issues eating anything!!! Everything goes down easily!

It's like there is no band x

That's what worries me as so far I haven't had any issues eating anything!!! Everything goes down easily!

It's like there is no band x

This is quite normal and it can take a good number of fills before you may even notice a difference. Stick to the portion guidelines you've been given to avoid stretching the pouch or causing band issues...just because you can eat more avoid doing so, but focus on protein but also dry crunchy foods when you're on normal food which will help keep the hunger off longer.

It can be a long journey, and for some people it can take many fills....I've now had 22 and still trying yo find restriction with my band over 2 years out!

It really does feel like there is nothing there!!

It's very frustrating but I'm hoping all that will change after my fill x

Hang in there girls :) I say the same often lol but remember that if your band was inserted empty the only restriction your feeling right now is from the swelling after the op, once your tum heals the hunger will return with vengeance, that when your fills come into play, Be patient and stick to the rules.... hang in there your fills not long away x x x x

30lbs is amazing Becky!! How much did you loose on your pre-op diet?? I am 9lbs down (with a week to go), really really hoping for a stone!

I think waiting for that fill will drive me crazy, I am sooooooo inpatient!!!

ZXX

Hi'

No my band is completely empty ?

I lost just under a stone on my pre op diet it was a good kick up the bum for me!!!

I bought a dress today in a size 20 and it fits perfectly!!

I had just starting buying a size 24 when I decided to have the band

??

Hiya, i had my first fill 2 weeks ago, the band decides how much it needs first fill. It draws the liquid in and they add a bit for pressure. I had 3.5 ml but will need my next fill as restriction has already eased off. It is different for everyone.

Back