• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BECKYBROWN80 ....... trying to find out

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Becky is a fellow Whittington patient and was scheduled to have her bypass op on Friday 13 Jan. Becky posted on Thursday 12th before going into hospital and me and a few others posted "good luck" messages into the shout box.

I have not heard from Becky since, and don't think she has posted on here (I have had two quick searches and not found any new posts from her) -- please let me know if you know otherwise.

Before Becky went in I offered her my mobile number, as I suggested she could text me if she wanted me to know she was out of theatre, or if she wanted me to post on the forum "Becky has been re-plumbed and is on the loser's bench" ...

Unfortunately Becky did not offer me her mobile number, but said that she had internet access on her phone and she would be able to update on the forum directly herself from her phone.

So ............

This morning I had my pre-op appointment at the Whittington, and tried to enquire whether Becky was on the wards. Becky is known under 2 different surnames (married and maiden name I think) and I have enquired about both, but not had any luck.

The first name I asked for they could not find, and when I found her 2nd name, I a very officious jobsworth told me he could not release any data about people who had / had not been in the hospital due to data protection etc (!!!). :mad:

I have now emailed someone at the Whittington who works on the bariatric team, who might be able to help (not sure if they will also not be able to due to data protection).

I have also emailed Becky, sent a FB message and a PM message here, but as yet now answer (only within a few hours, granted).

Am quite worried now, and hoping beyond hope that this is just a communication breakdown, perhaps Becky forgot to take her mobile in, or has it turned off or something.

If anyone does hear from Becky or sees her post anywhere, please do let me know.

Thanks.

i haven't seen anything yet :) try not to worry too much i really wasn't up to posting or e-mailing etc for days , to be honest it was the last thing i was thinking of x let's hope she [puts your mind at ease soon x

Try not to hound her...she will return when ready. As for not releasing patient info the gentleman was correct and could have risked his job compromising just to appease you. your intentions are fab but she may just be feeling a little tender and need time to recover as there comes a time when I.T. takes a back seat, it's not everyone's priority getting online straight away. Xx

Ok, i will try not to drive myself silly with worry ....

I realise if someone is feeling woosy and tender after surgery posting online may not be their top priority, it's just that Becky had previously sounded as if she would be keen to do so from her high tech phone ... and Becky was the one who had suggested to me "If you are here for your pre-op on the 16th, could you pop in and see if I am still here on the wards" -- well, I tried, but without success.

I realise once the reality of major stomach surgery hits you, your priorities may change and just looking after yourself and getting home (and seeing her daughter again) may become much more important.

I hope we hear from her soon !!

Best wishes Becky. xxx

Hiya, Becky's last visit according to the members stats, was two days ago so I'm guessing she is fine but just not up to posting yet, so worry not, Sharonimo.
Becky- hope things are going well and you're healing well
xx

Hiya, Becky's last visit according to the members stats, was two days ago

Thanks, I did not know how to work this out, and was looking for individual posts from BECKYBROWN80.

No problem Sharon. What you do is go to the green menu list at the top of the page, click on community, click on members from the drop down, then go to the right of the screen and search members. When the members name pops up it tells you when they joined and when they last visited the site .
xx

Had a Facebook message from Becky:

Hey hun. Been home since monday evening and definitely getting better by the day. Getting more sleep for sure! Not been online as just been too tired! But don't feel hungry at all! Will try and get onto the forums later.

Hoorah!

I know I might have been overworried, but because I am single and will be very much on my own when I have the op, I already have contingency plans in place to make sure everyone knows how to find out whether I am alive or dead (!), like:

** will be giving my brother who lives 100+ miles away a list of the Bariatric Dept contact numbers (plus my landlord's phone number in case door bashing down needed -- you never know!), my HR work contact numbers and a few friends;

** will also swap mobile numbers with at least one person on here prior to my op as I do NOT have internet access on my mobile and will definitely be NOT online for 3 or 4 days after my op.

I know that the stats for these ops (both sleeve and RNY) are now very good and less than 1 in 1000 fatalities ..... but I always think "what if?" ..... what if? I am that one in one thousand and I have not left any contact details, and no one knows where I am (!!!).

Well i'm glad you can at least stop worrying now :) i know what you mean when someone is on their own and who would know what has happened but the surgeon will take as many details as possible even work contact numbers if there is no one else :) please try not to get fixated on problems that may not arise xx

I had my band at the Whittington and they were really good with getting contact details. I printed out little cards with my mum and my brother's contact numbers on *just in case* and kept one in my bag, one by my bed and one in my file.

I ended up staying overnight, which I wasn't expecting, and the next day my mum came to pick me up (moved back in with her for a couple of weeks post-op). They let me speak to her over the ward phone when she called the evening of my op, and let her come up to get me when she arrived the next day.

I have to say, I can't fault any of them (though my favourite person was the tea lady who came round at night - that first cup of tea was amazing *lol*)

Back