• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Before your pre-op diet

My pre-op diet starts on 15th October. I am trying not to be too naughty but it's awfully tempting to!
I know the feelin Ohtobeslinky i was so tempted the other night to order a Chinese because my mate uploaded a photo on Facebook of his Chinese it made me really want it but I didn't give in x

Hi Lisa I'm good thanks can't believe how quick it's going, I had a bit of a moment earlier as I booked the taxi for Monday, made it all seem very real, iv done the food shop online today so I don't have to suffer the supermarket the weekend you seem like your in a good place getting all organised xx

Hi Anna aww hope your ok hunny, It's going so fast isn't it? I've just been the NHS dietician to be weighed and I've lost 13 and a half pounds so I'm over the moon it's been in the last 3 weeks
but I'm hoping to lose more doing the low carb diet aswell starting tomorrow I went to morrisons yesterday and got few more healthy things to eat and some fresh fish muller light yogurts and stuff made sure I'd had lunch 1st because if I shop on empty stomach I end up buying all kinds of unhealthy food xx

Hi Lisa,
Well done on the weight loss x
I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow iv got to go to Dolan Park tomorrow too have my bloods think the nerves will really kick in then xx

Hi Lisa, Well done on the weight loss x I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow iv got to go to Dolan Park tomorrow too have my bloods think the nerves will really kick in then xx

Hi Anna I bet your so excited aswell as nervous you are in excellent hands and will be fine try not to worry too much I know easier said than done good luck for tomorrow xxx

I'm really confused because before the procedure you should be on a diet to shrink your liver two weeks prior to your op. So your last meal should be pre op 15 days. Why would you want to risk the procedure for the sake of food that has got you in this position in the first place. That one meal can set you back. Is it worth it? xx

God I am so not risking my op for food - no way - but my pre-op diet starts on 15th October so I'm ok for now. Adaptcom - who are you referring to - I think we're all well aware of the reasons for our pre-op diet :) x

I'm really confused because before the procedure you should be on a diet to shrink your liver two weeks prior to your op. So your last meal should be pre op 15 days. Why would you want to risk the procedure for the sake of food that has got you in this position in the first place. That one meal can set you back. Is it worth it? xx
I'm really confused also by this comment Adaptcom thanks for reminding tho what got me in this position as I had really forgot and was just about to order a Chinese banquet and a Dominos pizza for pre op Breakfast but your such positive support has helped me refrain haha oh and my liver will be shrunk because I will make sure it is as its me who would be wasting the money I've paid and me who would be loosing out on the life changing experience xx

God I am so not risking my op for food - no way - but my pre-op diet starts on 15th October so I'm ok for now. Adaptcom - who are you referring to - I think we're all well aware of the reasons for our pre-op diet :) x

Hi Ohtobeslinky hope you are ok! Think that comment was aimed at me as I had said previously when I felt I was craving junk food but hey ho nice to come across such support and to be reminded why I'm really here by the comment haha xxx

Oh! That teaches me for being overly sensitive doesn't it?! :D Oh it's so exciting isn't it guys?! Saw a couple of friends last night who I used to go to Slimming World with, and they were hesitantly supportive. It was more of a "I could never do that to myself, but if that's what you want..." type comments.

But yes, I'm doing it, you're doing it, we're all going to be slinky minxes!!! xxx

Oh! That teaches me for being overly sensitive doesn't it?! :D Oh it's so exciting isn't it guys?! Saw a couple of friends last night who I used to go to Slimming World with, and they were hesitantly supportive. It was more of a "I could never do that to myself, but if that's what you want..." type comments. But yes, I'm doing it, you're doing it, we're all going to be slinky minxes!!! xxx

Aww Ohtobeslinky I've had a few friends with same kind of comments, But when it's everything you want and the only thing you think of each day then you know yourself it's the way forward there's always gonna be opinions and negative comments from people but the majority will be happy for you and so supportive deep down they will be envious if they are not happy with their own weight issues and can't do what your doing but yep we will all support each other on our journey to be slinky minxes :) well I could be over sensitive too about the comment earlier but why would you do that when we are all here with the same thing well different surgery a but all for weight loss just no need that's why my earlier response was sarcasm haha but hey we are thick skinned xxx

Ohtobeskiny I get the same response from my friends lol we can say we have done it soon and be slim xx

Me too Anna my best friend said she didn't want me to do it and I was like well seen as I live my life and walk in these shoes I'm doing it so you accept it as my life and body and too be honest she's saying now she needs to get back on a diet because I'm gonna be slim although there's not a pick on her haha crazy how those close can respond to our life changes xxx

Yeah know Lisa my oldest friend of 23 years said I shouldn't get it done I'm mad, she won't be saying that when I'm looking and feeling great xx

Back