• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op Diet Sickness and Diahorea (sp)

JB.

So I'm on day 4 of my pre-op diet, I'm only allowed one chicken breast a day and green veg, no carbs.

I had the worst diahorea last night. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not sure if I'm ill or if it's a side effect of the diet.

Hi jb

Think ur on the same pre op as me. Slim fast, stock cube, chicken fruit veg.

I'll b honest I haven't had that problem. But everyone's different. Check ur diet sheet for a list of side effects. I've been very lathergic, bad breath, sore head and day 3 n 4 I cdnt sleep. But they are all symptoms of goin into ketosis. If in doubt check google or give ur provider a wee call. But it was maybe a once off xx

I'm not on a slim fast one, I'm only allowed up to 1000 calories a day. No carbs.

Literally all I have is an apple for breakfast, a home made green veg soup for lunch and a breast of chicken and salad for dinner.

The problem was, my pre-op diet meeting was cancelled so I'm not sure of any side-effects.

Have you been eating sugar free jelly because I had to stop eating that as it gave me a bad upset stomach on the pre op diet.

I would give your provider a ring to check if it is normal with your diet. I've suffered terribly with mine but mine was milk only. I've since realised I've have lactose intolerance. I'm thinking green veg and chicken, you should be ok but you are kind of "detoxing" your body so it could be a result of that or it could be a bug. Like I say I would see what your provider says, they will have a better insight as to whether this is a normal reaction to your diet or if you need to change it. Hope you feel better soon x

Back