• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Belfast newbie (ish)

florabell

Hello, I've been hovering around here for years now. Coming closer to getting a band but would love to know anyone's experience of the National Obesity Surgery group. Been quoted £5950 which includes lifetime support and 2 yrs fills. The Dr is a Mr Muhammad Yousaf, I've tried searching but can't find much out about him.
I was going to go with Phoenix Irish health but that works out a few grand dearer, although they seem really good. They will charge extra though cos my BMI is over 50. I've rejoined Weight Watchers to lose a few stone to get my BMI under 50 but I'm asking myself how often can I keep restarting diets, where do I draw the line and admit dieting is not getting me anywhere long term?
I can have these ops in Belfast which is good.
Would love to hear any advice you could offer, it's a big thing cos I'd have to get a loan to fund it.

Thanks

Flora x

Hi Flora, is there no NHS route your GP could refer you to?
I've no experience of either provider it just struck me that if your BMI is over 50 the a NHS solution might be possible which prevents the loan - or at least saves the loan for something else!
Hope others have more specific info for you - whatever you decide I wish you well :)

Hello Florabell
just popped up to say hello and welcome

Thanks ladies. Debs there is NO funding for weight loss surgery in N.I whatsoever!

welcome to the forum, such a shame that the nhs cannot help you with this. I though NI was part of UK so how come no funding?

welcome to the forum, such a shame that the nhs cannot help you with this. I though NI was part of UK so how come no funding?

Thank you. N.I is part of the UK but we also have a devolved government. Westminster provides us with a block grant which the morons in Stormont (our Westminster) divide up as they see fit x

Back