• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Biggest looser

CHUCKY

Hi does anyone else ever watch the biggest looser on itv1?
It really winds me up one lady lost 5lb in a week and the"coach" said thats dissapionting and onother lost 3lb and she said unacceptable.
Its so un realistic to expect people to loose that amount of weight every week.
I know its tv and might not be totally real and they excersize all day to the point of vertual pass out but still annoys me.
summer_drink.gif
i_heart_summer.gif

I am watching it and really enjoy it. These people are capable of loosing more each week as they exercise 3 times a day plus have a personnel trainer, dietician etc all on hand. Others are loosing 7-10lb a week and weight less. Anyone that watches this knows that they are loosing weight because of the exercise so it is not unrealistic.

i ment the amount of excersize they do as in most "normal" people that work and have families dont have the time to excersize all day so it unrealistic.
cherry_pair.gif

I watch it and loved Lisa from the start, pity shes gone. She made me laugh when she went round the petrol station she worked in and just ate all the chocolate.........sound familiar (eating all the chocolate in sight)

Sorry I have to disagree. It is UNLIKELY yes, that we could loose that much weight week on week. BUT not unrealistic if we did exactly what they did every week.

I know what you are saying but I think unrealistic is maybe the wrong word.

Anyone else dislike Jamie and Katie?

i must admit i havent watched them all but maybe unrealistic is wrong word but you what i mean.
kitty_smile.gif

Sorry I have to disagree. It is UNLIKELY yes, that we could loose that much weight week on week. BUT not unrealistic if we did exactly what they did every week.

I know what you are saying but I think unrealistic is maybe the wrong word.

Anyone else dislike Jamie and Katie?

Me! :D

I dont personally think this programme is positive at all. Its just TV fodder for skinny people to watch obese people struggle and then diss weight loss surgery as 'all they need to do is exercise and then they will lose weight' - what happens when these people are taken out of this environment and put back into the real world - who has time to exercise all day? Sorry if this is a rant but this programme really really annoys me.

I suppose it is not for everyone. But I really like it and it has motivated me so much. The last two winners have stayed thin. In fact the first winner is a fitness trainer himself. So it show you that if you stick to it you can stay thin. At the end of the day to stay thin and healthy you have to work at it all the time. Even if you have had WSL.

She is not the best is she. I think they have too scripted so she sounds so insincere. Everything is very a matter of fact.

Im watching the Australian biggest loser on sky real lives as well as the one on ITV, and I must say...the Aussie and American contestants always do much better than these lot in this ITV series. Its only been the last couple of weeks that the majority of them have stopped moaning and whinging about wanting to go home all the time!..lol

I have been following this too, my take on it is this.

Most of the contestants who entered, I could relate to in one way or another, recognising behaviour and patterns that I might have followed once upon a time.

A lot of them were underconfident and shyed away from doing anything physical or eating the right foods. Now as they are nearing the final, the ones left are super confident, more able to do things, able to make good choices and step up to the plate.

I agree that most people are not in the position these fortunate folks found themselves in but then it would not be TV magic if we were just following a bunch of people at home.

Seeing the difference in the contestestants has also inspired me to do more. It was seeing that good hard honest exercise makes a real massive impact to weight loss that got me off my butt.

And yes Katey and Jamie are a tad annoying...my vote is for Maria :D

THey all go home at the end of this week and come back some week slater for final weigh in. So the biggest loser will not be crowned until they spend some time at home and loosing more weight.

So they have to continue at home to be in any chance of winning the show.

I agree with MC - this show is about more than loosing weight.

i like it ,but yes they could struggle when faced with normal life, but lets hope for them its a new start and it gives them the motivation to keep going xxheather

Back