• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BINGO WINGS.....LOL

michelle7272

well i aint been in here for a while,due to suddenly getting a life,after having my gastric bypass in june 2008.i have now lost 8 stone ,it really has slowed down alot......is this normal for everyone?
my biggest concern at the moment is my saggy skin.has anybody had surgery to remove excess skin?and if so was it on nhs?and at what point did they go to docs to be referred?

hi michelle, i had nhs plastics but it was because i had nhs wls, if you were a private wls patient and want nhs plastics the best thing to do is ask your gp, as funding for plastics is really hard to get in most areas.

liz x

i was at a group session meeting last week and we was talking about skin removal on nhs .. and was told they dont do it despite what people think ....

however i do know that if its classed as a medical need they do remove .. and depending on the area you live they all work diff ..

i do know people who have had skin removed after they have had bypass on nhs ....

but its worth a fight if you can prove you are getting rash and sore ect ..

talk with ur doc hun x

Yes i had my gastric bypass on the nhs,but do not know of anyone who has been in the same situation as me.thankyou both for your messages, i will pobably ask when i go for my next vitamin injectian

ask your surgeon if he has a nhs plastics team he can refere you to, he can only answer yes or no, that at least you will know where u stand.

Hi, I just got out my imformation booklet that the surgeon gave me and it say's that when enough weight loss has been achieved referal to the plastic surgeon will then be made for arm's, legs and round the stomach. This is in Sheffield so I don't know if its any helpx

im so impressed with ur WL. Thats amazing, like a stone a month! well done.

Hope that will be me this time next year!

Well done on your weight loss. Fantastic. I know how you feel about your skin. My arms and belly are really saggy.
I asked my GP in Wales a few years back about this and he said you'd have to be at your ideal weight for 2 years before anyone on the NHS would consider giving you plasic surgery. There is also a big scar that you may have on your arms (elbow to armpit on the inside) if you have an armlift, which is why some people don't go for it. I have read on some American websites that an armlift is possible through an armpit incision in some cases. Hope this helps.

Back