• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New girl! Hello everyone!

mod_bod

Hello, everyone! Glad to make your acquaintance.

Here's a brief run down of my story. My weight has yoyoed so many times over the past 2 decades it's maddening. And I'm only 30! 2008 was the first time I considered surgery, but wanted to try and lose weight through diet and exercise alone. every time, I'd lose 3 stone, and then gain 4 back.

I'm now the biggest I've ever been. I can only just tie my own show laces, and have trouble....well....wiping my own bum. I'm sorry I shared that fact on my first post, but I hope this can be a space for me to share the realities of my situation. I've tried so hard to be the fat positive feminist I'd love to be, but I feel I'm at war with my own body. So it's time for drastic measures! I'll want to have kids soon, so it's now or never.

WHICH SURGERY?: I'd most likely opt for the Gastric Sleeve, but am considering the Bypass. I am also considering the Duodenal Switch, but this is less likely as the malnutrition is a concern.

My options:

NHS - I'll be attending the group consultation on November 5th at the Whittington Hospital in North London. If the waiting list is any longer than 12 months from that point, I'll pay for it myself as I'll want to start trying for a baby in 2 years so don't have the time to delay!

Private, UK
Private, Europe

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and reading your experiences and getting your opinions. x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to a great site!
It has loads of people all friendily and willing to answer questions no question is daft its bound to have been asked by soneone on here !
Good luck in all you wish for

Hi mod bod, welcome!! This is a great site, loads of friendly people to give u advice. I would chat more but I'm off now to the hospital after lots of mixed feelings and plenty of research I am finally going for my op today. I chose to have a gastric sleeve privately. So today is the first day of the rest of my life xx good luck with whatever you decide Hun xx

Hi Mod bod and :welcome:

I had my sleeve op with Prof Patel almost 4 weeks ago now. He really is lovely, and Kings hospital was absolutely fine. Also, what I found reassuring is the way the nurses speak so genuinely well of him for his care, professionalism and his expertise.

Hello and welcome!

Just to let you know I have edited your post to remove the links to external webistes, as we do not allow these on the forum.

Hello and welcome Mod Bod!.... Good luck with your Journey!... I had a MGB private in Belgium 3 weeks ago today!.. I can relate to all your saying!... I think every year I lost 1.1/2 stones and gained 2 + and have been on a diet since I was 8 years old!!!... I'm 52 now!... Hoping it's the beginning of a new life!

Just wanted to say hi and welcome xx

Heya! Im new too, still awaiting my first appointment with bariatric team :D my endocrinologist referred me to them for a gastric band last week, so still in limbo and ultimate excitement haha :bliss:

Good luck....there is loads of help and support here!!! Xx

Welcome.

Back