• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from yorkshire

mittss

Good morning,

I don’t want to bore you with a sob story but I am here as I need help, I am currently going through the below and just emailed my local PALS for advise (email below)

However a little introduction, I have always been overweight from a young age and I got to my biggest just after university, I am down to 16 stones, 40inch waist (due to excess skin as I wear my trousers over my skin) from 28+ stones and 56 inch waist.

I want some help and advice in relation to skin removal surgery however having a quick look it costs around £6k - £8k which I cannot afford but the excess skin is really getting me down, is there anyone on here who knows of a place who offer a reduced rate etc or sponsor special cases lol I am as special as they come J

And hello – I am new so go easy J J

Mittss.

I have recently been to see my local GP who has asked for special circumstances to apply for funding for removal of excess skin which is as a consequence of weight loss.

I used to be 27 ¾ stones when I left university in 2003, I visited my local GP at the time who was no help to me at all, they referred me to a nurse who provided me with a leaflet of healthy eating with no follow up meetings or any extra advice on exercise etc.

I then revisited the GP to advise that I needed guidance on how to lose weight and he advised that I should read the material, which was basically a number of leaflets which referred to eating more vegetables and fruit and that I should lose 1lb per month? I questioned that as it would take me 14 months to lose a stone and, my healthy weight is 12 – 13 stones being 5ft 8inches…. This would take me 203 months which is just short of 17 years to get to my ideal weight and he said that’s the healthy way?

I went away feeling very low and angry and upset with myself and with the help provided, I then ballooned to just over 28 1/2 stones as food was a comfort and didn’t see the point in anything, with help from my mum especially and with shear grit and determination I started on my weight loss journey in late 2006 early 2007 and now I am 16 stones by eating healthy and exercising.

However I managed this all by myself with no help from the NHS, I researched about weight loss and exercise and have reached my current weight however this has now left me with a lot of excess skin around my stomach and chest area.

My GP from the ridge medical practice in Bradford requested special circumstance as he can see the current problem, this loose skin is affecting my exercise, my confidence, its also played a part in my breakup with my wife with my low confidence and is affecting me and I have been to see a councillor for anger and also for depression.

I wanted some guidance on how to appeal this decision as I cannot afford the operation which is around £6k from the little I have looked into it, and I have not done a lot of research into the cost for the simple reason it really depresses me.

Any help would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Hi there , just wanted to say welcome.
I've got no experience of skin removal as I've still to get rid of the weight!
But there's a few people on here who have had tummy tucks on the NHS , so it's definitely a possibility.
A lot of people go abroad for their WLS. As its cheaper, so maybe skin removal will be too?
Best of luck.
Em xxxx

Brilliant thanks for that, I have alot of overhang and its so depressing :( it really gets me down and affects so much of my life. I have tried vests before and used to wear a all in one which did help but then due to the sweat gave me a rash and became very ichy. Well done you look brill on the pic, I still keep my old clothes but havent got them out in a while maybe that will give me a little boost :) cheers.

Hi there , just wanted to say welcome.
I've got no experience of skin removal as I've still to get rid of the weight!
But there's a few people on here who have had tummy tucks on the NHS , so it's definitely a possibility.
A lot of people go abroad for their WLS. As its cheaper, so maybe skin removal will be too?
Best of luck.
Em xxxx
hey thanks I will take a look at ops abroad however I really dont have the funds at the moment, I am trying to sell my house and going through a divorce so will have to try the NHS route because there really is not other alternative unless I tried to chop it off myself at home...... the thought has crossed my mind a few times.

hi there i use a Z Body Mens Slimming Vest Body Shaper i bought it of ebay (copy and paste that in to ebay)
they are great for exercise as they keep every thing in one place sort of speak i get i size smaller for a better fit
not a long term fix but great when out walking or running hope this helps you as i have the same problem
all the best mate hang in there
no pun intended lol
Brilliant thanks for that, I have alot of overhang and its so depressing :( it really gets me down and affects so much of my life. I have tried vests before and used to wear a all in one which did help but then due to the sweat gave me a rash and became very ichy. Well done you look brill on the pic, I still keep my old clothes but havent got them out in a while maybe that will give me a little boost :) cheers.

hi love where are you in yorkshire, the bradford bariatric support group has a plastic surgeon speaking on wednesday, his name is mr foo. i could put you in touch with one of the group leaders if you need more info xxx

hi love where are you in yorkshire, the bradford bariatric support group has a plastic surgeon speaking on wednesday, his name is mr foo. i could put you in touch with one of the group leaders if you need more info xxx
Hey there, oh please that would be brilliant if you could.

I am in Bradford / Leeds xx

me too, tong area xx

Hi I've just noticed I can't pm you. The next meeting in tomorrow at the silk room at lister mill (opposite the police station) it starts at 6 and lasts a couple of hours. It's a pound in and everyone is really welcoming xx

Hi I have an email but I can't post it on the open forum as its not mine. If you find me on fb my name is Yvonne currie and my pic is a pink love heart ill put it on there xx

Hi I have an email but I can't post it on the open forum as its not mine. If you find me on fb my name is Yvonne currie and my pic is a pink love heart ill put it on there xx
Hi I have just added you to facebook, oh no I am not going to make that however if I can get a contact from the email then I will make myself available for the next one thanks :)

Ah I used to live near there near scholmore cemetery xx

Exely mount x

Back