• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birthday Cake

slimmerkay

Yes, I had some :D

It is Kieran's 12th birthday today and we went out for tea. I had a baked potato with tuna and then a thin slice of birthday cake. I did take half the icing off but still I didn't dump.

Now is this because I don't dump easily (I don't but I would have thought cake would have a lot of sugar in) or is it because I ate it just after the baked potato and the sugar absorbed better?

Whichever, it was very nice :) and the boys had a few games of pool so everyone is happy.

Karen, i have to say i too am cursed in this way! I don't dump at all........... I prayed for a sensitive stomach, now i thank the lord a little bit makes me feel satisfied :)

That's brilliant... you can go out and enjoy yourself... join in and not dump... that is great to hear... Hoping you all had a great party! xxx

We did Bev thanks. I even got mooned from Xander.

For some bazzar reason he has taken to wanting to wee in a glass or cup instead of going to the loo. He doesn't get this from us .... HONESTLY lol.

So he says in the pub he wants to wee in a glass and I said "No, daddy will take you to the toilet." So he promptly dropped his trousers there and then (Xander that is, not daddy :D). And I got a lovely eyeful of the most gorgeous butt cheeks you've ever seen :D

Aww little darling, he's gorgeous... and he'll grow out of it Karen, you know how they are for wanting to show off when they learn something new... just make sure you keep your gin and tonic out of his way! Haha xxx

Its ok for some, birthday cake and beautiful bum cheeks! Im still being a coward, I havnt tried anything that might make me dump :eek: XX

I managed a bit of birthday cake last week too Karen, and I didn't dump either...but I did the next day when had another bit!
Strange eh?
So glad you enjoyed the birthday celebrations. xxx

Oh well I suffered for the birthday cake :(

I didn't dump but did have that gallbladder pain last night and still a little bit of it this morning :(

It's sounding like the gallbladder Karen... it's an awful pain... and cake used to kick mine off too... I ended up in hospital several times before it was diagnosed...back then it wasn't highlighted as much as today and I thought it was my heart the pain was what I imagine a heart attack to mimic.... it was in that area and radiating... I was diagnosed after several hospital stays back then and not by my local hospital.... it was whilst I was on holiday and admitted with pain and after they pin pointed it everything fell into place.

It was a disruptive time. I'm so pleased you are on to this early Karen... and hope you get that scan soon too... avoid all fat and dairy products.

Sorry about your pain.

Love and hugs xxx

You poor thing, I must say gall bladder pain sounds horrible.....I hope you get the scan soon and can get it taken out! XX

Dumping? is that when you have sweet stuff. Does everyone get it?
Joanne

Not everyone gets dumping syndrome, only bypass patients get it and not even all of them get it either. Not sure of the percentages but Im sure someone will be along to tell you a bit more info :D XX

Thanks for replying. Not sure if im having a Bypass or a sleeve yet so fingerscrossed i dont get it.

Back