• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cake!

kateyloo

I am shocked to say this - especially as I am only 2 months post op - but I ate cake last night! It was only a little bit and I chewed it lots - it was a homemade chocolate and cranberry cake with a whiskey drizzle (man it tasted good!) - and here is the icing on the cake (no pun intended) - I didn't dump!

I still haven't experienced 'dumping' and have had a wide variety of foods - am I one of the lucky few that won't dump!? That would be nice, but it also worrys me that I will start eating crap again, cause I can! xx

Oooh lucky you, my daughter made bread tonight and boy it smelt soo good but I am only 3 days post op so I think that would have been pushing my luck a little lol

I am feeling ok a little sore but nothing too bad, I have just overstuffed myself on soup I think :eek: but it tasted soooo good lol my tummy now feels really heavy but the good news is i didnt dump and it was heinz cream of tomato so very tasty lol

Excellent - it is really strange how full soup can make you feel eh!? I am not sure if this helped me or not (with regards to dumping that is) but I haven't been afraid to try anything and had every soup going when I was on the liquid stage - the only time I felt funny was if I had quite a thick soup (eg lentil soup) or didn't sieve out the bits and even then it was only an uncomfortable feeling..... like something was stuck..... and soon passed (although sometimes I did have to be sick to cure the feeling :( ) - you soon learn what to do though and it's great watching the weight fall off :)

Good luck with the rest of your journey and can't wait to read your updates xx

Thanks, and yes it does surprise you how full you can feel, the feeling i have got its like an ache around my ribs like I have pulled a muscle, thats why I am not sure whats causing it the soup or the op, I am also still suffering with wind every now and then too, so lots of things that need to settle down before I can read the signs cos they are all muddled up lol

Walks away shaking head......................................

Back