• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blood Donating

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
Morning ladies and gents!

I went all the way to Macclesfield for my check up with the consultant last evening and managed to ask most of my questions... As expected I forgot one!

Before my bypass I was a regular blood donor, does anyone know if can I still give blood now I am post op?

Lx

I think the only restriction would be that you have to wait a period of time after having any surgery don't you?

I used to be a regular donor.
I always used to have phonecalls to book me into next donor sessions as well as letters but when I told them over the phone I had had this surgery they said they would remove me from the donor list and I haven't had a letter or call since:(

I was told the last time I gave blood that i would have to wait either 12 months or till I am fully discharged

Hi Lizzybee
I was told that i shouldnt give blood as bypassers run a high risk of becoming aneamic and could possiably require a transfusion at some stage. Especially women who are pre menapausal.
hth
carole

Back