• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blood pressure

daftmoo

When does high blood pressure become normal or even low?
I've been on 3 different meds for my BP and was steady at 120/80ish. In the last week or so I've been getting dizzy when I stand up, started recording my BP and at lunch time it was 99/62, do I worry bout it or wait until my 6 weeks check up?:confused:

hmmm i would say to go and get checked out as they normally allow over ten or under ten on each for your bp numbers and its quite out hun just to be on the safe side xx

When does high blood pressure become normal or even low?
I've been on 3 different meds for my BP and was steady at 120/80ish. In the last week or so I've been getting dizzy when I stand up, started recording my BP and at lunch time it was 99/62, do I worry bout it or wait until my 6 weeks check up?:confused:

Sue - that's definitely on the low side - you should go see your GP.

I've been on a combination of two different BP meds for the last couple of years and my GP took me completely off one of them 5 weeks post-op when my BP was 100/60 - and yes, I'd been experiencing dizzy spells too. Two weeks later I was averaging around 100/75 and she reduced my remaining meds by half, gave me 8 weeks worth on prescription and said see how you go. Ten days on and I'm already thinking of going back as I'm still averaging only 105/75. Looks like I'lll be off all BP meds very soon !

Get an appt with your gp and get him to sort you out...

I'll look forward to hearing how you've got on :) x

They call High blood pressure the silent Killer, because most people dont know they have it. it seems yours is Low, and that can be just as bad. get it check out. here is a link to the British Heart Foundations web site for more info...

British Heart Foundation - Blood Pressure

Yep that's a bit on the low side. I agree with everyone else - a visit to GP asap needed - it isn't dangerously low but it'll make you feel lousy.

I agree with the others get it checked out. My gp told me the other week that she fully expects me to come off the meds after my op.

Funnily enough, I went and got mine checked this morning. Up until surgery I was on at least five kinds of bp meds for the last eight years or so - and it was still really high (the bottom number never got below one hundred). Since surgery I had gradually been cut down to only two kinds of bp meds. Today my bp was 95/57 .... much too low, so I've been taken off another lot of meds and have to go back in three weeks time to see if I can stop taking the last lot.

Get checked - it can't do any harm xx

Forgot to say that I have been feeling really dizzy lately too xx

that is the low end of normal, but not medically low (which is below 90/50). Since the op mine tends to be around 90/60 and pre-op it was 120/80 (never had high BP or been on BP meds).

The dizziness standing up (postural hypotension) seems to be quite common. I've always had it, but it got worse post op and I know a few others who have developed it. It can also be related to anaemia, so it might be worth having your iron levels checked.

Back