• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dizzy spells

zns

Has anyone else who was taking meds for high blood pressure started feeling dizzy after loosing some of the weight? I think I might be getting low blood pressure, I just took it and it was 110/81 which is lower than the normal and much much lower than my readings were preop. Not sure if its an accurate reading, probably is. Im guessing its a sign that I may not need so many blood pressure meds anymore. Just wanted to see if this is how it happened to others when they discovered they didnt need so many (any) BP meds.

I had the same and mine dropped to 99/60 so went to Dr and came off one of my tabs, 2 more to come off yet

Same here, my BP tablets started to make me feel weird 2 weeks post-op...dizzy & a strange pins & needles sensation in my legs....I went to the Dr & my BP was/is now borderline low, lol, so I came straight off them. Pop along to see your GP for a checkup, you'll possibly need to reduce/slowly start coming off them....the benefits of WLS! xxx

Im the opposit! I was on 5 tablets for High BP pre-op and they stopped them all after surgery. I thought at the time it was a bit much to stop all of them. When I went to the hospital for my check up last week it was really high so they have said to go back to the GP and I will probably have to start on BP tablets again! Im not too bothered as it probably will come down more as I loose more weight and Im sure I wont have to take 5 again, all in all Im still happy ;) XX

Is it worth keeping a record on one of those home BP machines? I've bought one for my hubby, so may use his when I'm post op?

Hope you feel better very soon Zoe, for sure blood pressure can play some 'weird and wonderful' sensations of dizziness... it makes me feel the same at times... but like Jac... I'm hoping for improvement as the weight comes off... hopefully!

Love and hugs xxx

I do have my own BP machine thats why I knew it was lowish hehe.

They got the hospital to fax my post op check blood test results over (I hadnt had them yet) so they could see if it was iron or something else. They are going to give me a 24hr BP monitor to see whats going on with my BP and then decide what to do as my tests were normal.

Talk about dizzy spells I've just had a bad one. Got up and went over to sofa to give Mark a kiss, bent down to pucker up and omg dizzy as anything, straightened up and went again, went to move and went again and nearly passed out had to lean forward and grab the wall to hold myself up

I think I need to get mine tested again now, I have a home monitor, which I found out last night is not working but for the last couple of weeks I've had headaches and some dizziness / light headed feeling. I also get feelings of fatigue in my legs but I never associated it with BP.

My readings at my hos appts was high pre op and post op and I could not believe the weight loss had not made a difference, but I think my readings are also higher at the hosp as it's always stressful getting there in morn after dropping kids to school.

think I'll get it checked at the chemist today and get a new monitor to log b4 going to gp next week.

Thanks for the info in this thread, very helpful.

I've got a check up at luton next weekk I'll have a word with them then, and in mean time I'll keep a daily record for them

Yes, mine did the same and I eventually came off all my BP meds after about 3 months. If you've got a machine at home take daily readings, write them down and take them with you when you see the doc.

I do now suffer from low BP (postural hypotension) especially in the mornings and have passed out a couple of times - the last time I bashed myelf up pretty badly as I collapsed, so please take care.

I think I need to get mine tested again now, I have a home monitor, which I found out last night is not working but for the last couple of weeks I've had headaches and some dizziness / light headed feeling. I also get feelings of fatigue in my legs but I never associated it with BP.

My readings at my hos appts was high pre op and post op and I could not believe the weight loss had not made a difference, but I think my readings are also higher at the hosp as it's always stressful getting there in morn after dropping kids to school.

think I'll get it checked at the chemist today and get a new monitor to log b4 going to gp next week.

Mine is always sky high at the hospital! Its always high when anyone other than me takes it. However if its done 3 times and over 10-15 minutes the last reading will usually be about what it is at home so its worth sitting quietly for a while and retesting if it is high.

daftmoo hope they can help you with that when you go.

Rose, ouch poor thing. After having my antidepressants increased when I went I now cant stay awake long enough to notice any dizziness. Cant win lol x

Back