• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

booked my surgery but should i take a post op diet before surgery

allrico

I all not sure if anyone can help but I'm having my surgery and traveling to France, I've spoken to surgeon yet he said there is no need for a diet plan before my operation. I've been reading about the milk diet to reduce the size of my liver as this could course limited access. Can anyone give me any help in what I should be preparing myself for only I'm a little scared and need reassuring I'm doing the right thing. I'm currently 21stone 5.5tall and struggled all my life with food and weight loss. Cheers

I recently had a gastric sleeve 11 days ago I followed a low fat low sugar low carb diet and lost 7 kg the surgeon said it made the operation much easier as my liver had shrunk considerably. So if you can... I would advocate a pre op diet

My provider said pre op diets are a waste of time, but they do prepare you for the post op diet!!
I'd ask again to be sure. Sometimes all that's needed is a low cal diet - that's all I did for 5 days.

Good luck xx

Back