• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bowel movements?

hi. I was banded 6 days ago and have only just been today.It did need a little help though.Got some laxatives.Still feel bloated and not great though.Hope your op went well x

I had by pass 2 weeks ago Didnt go for 9 days. Went to gp for laxatives. Worked a treat!

Ok thanks I'm gonna take some lactalose and wait lol my op went really well thanx , where did you both have your ops and how are things for you so far ? X

Hi I had my op at Spire Blackpool.It all went really well but I still feel pretty rubbish at min.Still taking pain killers but slowly stopping them.Ive no energy but I think that must be from lack of calories.Cant wait to eat sloppy stuff tomorrow.I don't think I could face any more soup and muller lights lol. X

Hi daisy , can you go on to more sloppy stuff now? See I'm 8 days today and I'm just struggling to get calories and eat enough. So I'm making a roast dinner ( all healthy and blending it down with watery gravy) it's only about 450kcsl in total but I just want different flavours and not soup.... My band feels fine and I can't feel anything liquids etc go through ....

I know I'm still taking painkillers too , I also can't wait to change diets I've been really hungry since the op and with 4 kids to feed it's not been easy but all worth it hopefully x

Hi banded Hun.My book from spire says 1st week liquids 2nd week purée (cottage pie whizzed up a bit type stuff )3 rd soft foods eg scrambled egg fish pie cottage pie and 4th week normal foods.I can't wait.Getting fed up with the liquids.Even pinched 5 Milky Way stars today.Soooo good xx

Well that's what happened yesterday I had no yoghurts in and I was fed up soup so I sucked chocolate all day. A whole mini Easter egg ( the £1 ones) I was stuffed but I just couldn't be arsed... So I've blended a dinner up tonight to eat. Literally can't feel any pain , nothing. Other than my belly rumbling so much ...... I don't know what the rumbling is ?!?! X

Well I've just eaten about 4 tablespoons of potato,slow cooked mince with carrots ,peas and onion.All blitzed up with gravy.It was lovely.Didnt look that appetising but it felt like real food.Hopefully now this band will start to help me eat the correct food and portion size.I was given a small fill when I had the op and my next one is end of May.I hope they get it right as I don't want to end up feeling ill and de filling .Hope you enjoyed your roast dinner xx

It was ok .... Managed about 2-3 tablespoons in total but my tum is constantly grumbling so I dint understand what that means???? Do you girls have problems with gurgling and rumbling whenever you have anything in your stomach?? It's not painful it's just really strange and I sing know ifs hunger, or a sign of anything else???

I also have a lot of rumbling I think it's just a combo of hunger and air around the band my problem is i make soup but can only manage half a bowl but then about half an hour later I'm starving again , anyone else have this problem ? X

I also have a lot of gurgling noises going on I reckon it's a combo of gas and hunger , my problem is i have something eg soup or shake then half hour later I'm starving again , anyone else have this problem ? X

I'm exactly the same.Constant grumbling and feel hungry very quickly.Im hoping when we get onto proper solids all this will disappear. X

Yes this is exactly the and for me. So like two tablespoons of food and I'm done, loads of grumbling and roaring and bubbling then about 90 minutes max and I'm hungry again... I can't wait to have a fill... Nice to see we are all in the same experiences....

I just looked up the sounds in the intestines etc and it seems it's to do with being empty and hungry but the rumbles are normal if gas has built up from being empty.

I feel bloated today and all week I haven't so I so desperately need to get my diet back in tack and stop with the sweet easy stuff, bad move eating custard. It was so nice .... :-(

I know I've got to the point now where I'm dribbling at just the thought of solid food lol I think I under estimated how hard this would be :-(( I just hope it's all gonna be worth it x

Hi Rosie posie.I know exactly what you mean.Thought it would be easy.thought I would never feel hungry or crave anything bad.Its actually harder than other diets at the min.What we have got to get into our heads is that's its early days yet.As soon as we can eat normal foods I'm sure things will get better.Where did you have your op Rosie xx

Back