• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bowel movements?

Hi girls, I think your right about how hard the after part is. Once the healing starts and the infer sets in it's all a weird feeling. I don't know how I feel about food anymore, it's so weird, I want to taste it but I get full quickly , empty quickly too and I feel like I eat more when I eat liquids ... I guess that's why they say stay away from slider foods as they are empty calories.
I know where I'm going wrong with my diet is that the sweet stuff has kicked in and I got a stay away from it. My mousse in the evenings was enough to deal with cravings.

The guts and stomach are still gurning like mad!!!

Oh well - have good days xxx

Ahh hope your ok.Did you have the laxatives.I was in agony for quite a few hours.If its your band or your wounds give ur hospital a ring.I feel better today.im back at work Tom eek . Big hugs

Ahh that's trapped wind babe, I had that 7 days after the worse ... Then it's been fine since that bad day of shoulder pain xx hope it eases soon xx

Rosie I had exactly the same, it took my breathe away I just rested all day and then been fine since. I need to Exercise more tho . I have been very sedentary . Hoping going back to work will kick me up the tush!!! Xxx

I think I've over done it til now to be honest but been on a high since the op , I go back to work on Friday ,, I'm not very good with pain in fact I'm a bit of a pussy really lol what jobs do you both do ? , I'm a care assistant so I'm hoping I'm ok by Friday as there's a lot of running around and bending involved x

I've got the shoulder pain today.May have to go back on painkillers.Im a hairdresser.Im back tomorrow.Clients from 8.30 till 7. Great lol.It seems we are all going through the same so it's not as worrying.First few days I thought I had made the biggest most expensive mistake ever but I feel a bit better about things.Come Christmas we will all be in our little black ( yes still black ) dresses xx

I work up London so long commute from home siting and up and down stairs all day. I must say I'm not looking forward to the commute as cramped trains and tubes and hot with little calories doesn't feel great ... I do shifts too and go back on nights! Grrr... 12 hour night duty weekend coming up... I'm going to be exhausted. I've been off since 24/01 as I've had hand surgery too ... I'm no longer taking any pain killers, injections are all finished too.

One thing I have noticed today is that the rumbles are less! Today thank god. . .

Hope the shoulders are ok ladies xxx

Yeah I finished my jabs today too , I'm feeling a little better this evening been taking tramadol throuout the day . I've only managed some jelly and a soup today cos of all the pain I hope tomoro will b better x

Same. Dolan park and under THG. My clinic is the London one x

Hi girls saw your posts and had to write as remember the exact same feelings but didn't know about this site so had no one to turn too...
Gurgling is normal and normal eating will make if go away but what's so important is the size of your mouthfuls and waiting 20secs before taking another one as it can be really painful if you eat too quickly...
I found I could eat normally after a month but then with each infil it got better I started eating less and it didn't take much to keep me full but it's all about textured foods that will activate those full receptors and not slide straight through band....
Good luck girls, would love to know how your feeling now? I'm last infil tomorrow ? xx

I've got the shoulder pain today.May have to go back on painkillers.Im a hairdresser.Im back tomorrow.Clients from 8.30 till 7. Great lol.It seems we are all going through the same so it's not as worrying.First few days I thought I had made the biggest most expensive mistake ever but I feel a bit better about things.Come Christmas we will all be in our little black ( yes still black ) dresses xx

Lovely to read your initial stories, how are you girls doing? You will be eating normally now I guess... I wish id know about this site after I was banded as little things like timing myself 20secs before eating mouthfuls etc to avoid pain, eating textures to activate those full receptors and knowing after each of my infils it would really kick in and start working it's been a slow but exciting process and yes I can't wait to be down to target and in my nice dresses, last infil tomorrow hopefully...
Hope you don't mind me joining in would love to know how you are all feeling? Xx

Hi Carly.Im 2 weeks post op today andI feel great.Im now on soft foods so life is getting more normal.im just getting used to all the chewing but I really do feel full after the smallest meal.All my wounds have healed fine.Biggest bonus I've lost 17 lbs yippeeeeeee.How long is it since your surgery and how's everything going :)

Hi Carly.Im 2 weeks post op today andI feel great.Im now on soft foods so life is getting more normal.im just getting used to all the chewing but I really do feel full after the smallest meal.All my wounds have healed fine.Biggest bonus I've lost 17 lbs yippeeeeeee.How long is it since your surgery and how's everything going :)

17lb wow that's fantastic honey well done I bet you are feeling great...
I had my op beginning of December it's been a tricky couple of months trying to get my restriction right and learning to eat slowly as sometimes it's hard when things are so yummy and I'm so hungry, think I'm getting there now.
How much fluid did you have in with surgery? I wish i had known about this site two weeks post surgery as I had so many questions xxx

Back